Post by Bobster21 »

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole has an elbow problem.

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Could explain a lot. This isn't good.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I can only hope that his recent pitching woes have been at least partly the result of this elbow issue. I'd hate to think a healthy Cole could be that bad.

Although the article states that an MRI indicates no ligament damage there is always a possibility of false negative results with diagnostic tests. If he ends up needing Tommy John surgery this could be trouble for the Bucs in 2017. Hope this is just something minor.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0D293D35305C0 wrote: If he ends up needing Tommy John surgery this could be trouble for the Bucs in 2017. Hope this is just something minor.
Unless this year is a preview of things to come. In that case, losing him for a year would have little impact.
PMike

Post by PMike »

Who will get the start on Monday? Hutchison is in line from AAA but I think that brings up service time issues. You know what that means...Jeff Locke! :o
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E5377757B1E0 wrote: Who will get the start on Monday?  Hutchison is in line from AAA but I think that brings up service time issues.  You know what that means...Jeff Locke!   :o
The Fan was reporting Trevor Williams.

Quail

Post by Quail »

103D30212637206063520 wrote: If he ends up needing Tommy John surgery this could be trouble for the Bucs in 2017. Hope this is just something minor.
Unless this year is a preview of things to come. In that case, losing him for a year would have little impact. 

If his recent pitching performance is what we can expect from a healthy Cole going forward then the Bucs need to trade him ASAP before the rest of the league figures out he's a certified bum. Personally I'd find it surprising for a pitcher with his past success and pedigree to suddenly 'lose it' at age 25 without it being injury related.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Or he could just be having a bad year? See McCutchen. See Liriano.
Quail

Post by Quail »

373C34383D3C276264132A323B3C3C7D303C530 wrote: Or he could just be having a bad year?  See McCutchen. See Liriano.

Except that for the first half of the year he had a 2.77 ERA and a .267 BAA. In the last 4 weeks his ERA is 6.08 and his BAA is .363. That's not really a bad year but a horrible month.

I understand that players can have bad years and your examples of Cutch and Liriano are right on, both having struggled for most of the entire season. Cole's situation is quite different.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

6C485C54513D0 wrote: If he ends up needing Tommy John surgery this could be trouble for the Bucs in 2017. Hope this is just something minor.

If his recent pitching performance is what we can expect from a healthy Cole going forward then the Bucs need to trade him ASAP before the rest of the league figures out he's a certified bum. Personally I'd find it surprising for a pitcher with his past success and pedigree to suddenly 'lose it' at age 25 without it being injury related.

Yeah just sneak a trade on mlb execs and professional scouts before they catch on to the knowledge that only us OBN insiders have!