9/17 game 2 vs reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Osushawn

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by Osushawn »

Elimination number now at 11.  Still a shot and one game into their run of 17 straight wins.  Get on board the train!!!
SteadyFreddy

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by SteadyFreddy »

With the Pirates luck over the years they would win their last 17 games and the Mets would probably win 13 of their last 17 and the Pirates would miss the playoffs by a game.
CarolinaBucco

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Pirates piling up runs now that they are on the brink of elimination.

WHERE WAS THIS LAST WEEK WHEN THE GAMES MATTERED?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Rodriguez had been such a huge surprise this year. Unreal. He just made a good defensive play but Hanson bobbled the ball.

I certainly didn't want Rodriguez back this year, but he proved me wrong. Maybe he should start at 2B next year?

6-0 Pirates.
mouse

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by mouse »

I didn't realize this was the day-night doubleheader day until I saw Dog's note on Hanson. It occurred to me (seeing Rodriquez react to the ball he thought was foul at third) that for a lot of vets they may have performance bonuses in their contracts. Hurdle would do whatever he could to see they get the chance to earn them, which might explain some odd roster choices.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Contract bonuses aren't allowed in MLB. There are bonuses for awards, but not stats/milestones.

But better stats do result in high contracts.
SteadyFreddy

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The only way this wildcard race will get even remotely interesting again is if the Pirates win toning and tomorrow and the Mets lose their next 2 to the Twins and pull within 3 games of the Mets at the end of the day tomorrow. Even then it probably still won't be enough.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

9/17 game 2 vs reds

66415054514C73475051514C350 wrote: The only way this wildcard race will get even remotely interesting again is if the Pirates win toning and tomorrow and the Mets lose their next 2 to the Twins and pull within 3 games of the Mets at the end of the day tomorrow. Even then it probably still won't be enough.

Mets lost another pitcher for the season. They are limping around.
SteadyFreddy

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It still does change the fact that they are 5 games behind the Mets still with 15 games left. The Pirates dug their own grave with this last 2-8 homestand so they get exactly what they deserve wherever they end up finishing. Even a 5-5 homestand last week prob still has the Pirates relevant in the wildcard race.
mouse

9/17 game 2 vs reds

Post by mouse »

"Contract bonuses aren't allowed in MLB. There are bonuses for awards, but not stats/milestones." [Dogknot3]

What about pitchers? I'm positive I've seen reference to incentive based one-year contracts where the guy gets so much for certain milestone, like innings pitched or appearances or what-not.