Starting Rotation - Bucs Vs. Other Teams

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

We're looking forward to having some good young pitchers in our rotation next few years.

But the Mets are going to have 2 seasons in playoffs and maybe in the WS with very young pitching that has performed well beyond anyone's imagination

Of the teams listed, all with several good young arms in majors and minors, who will have the best rotation of young arms?
BenM

Post by BenM »

Watching the Mets right now, so I have a recency bias. They've had a wave of injuries but Matz, Wheeler, DeGrom, Harvey, Syndegaard would be hard to beat. On top of that they have lower profile guys like Robert Gsellman who have kept them in the hunt while the other guys are out.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

4D6A61420F0 wrote: Watching the Mets right now, so I have a recency bias. They've had a wave of injuries but Matz, Wheeler, DeGrom, Harvey, Syndegaard would be hard to beat. On top of that they have lower profile guys like Robert Gsellman who have kept them in the hunt while the other guys are out.

Lugo has been good for them too and Colon this season with 14 wins

Seems that their guys are ready when they come up. Our guys may have a notch below talent wise, but seem less ready for the show. We could catch up with some MLB experience. Only time will tell.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

I voted Dodgers based on the talent they have plus what's in the pipeline. Five years from now is a long time. All thoughts from here depend on guys staying relatively healthy. Kershaw will still be there toward the end of his dominance but still strong. Urias will be a fixture. Maeda will still be there. DeLeon is knocking on the door. And there will certainly be a FA or two to beef things up.

Two years out, I'd take the Mets. Five years from now, the Mets rotation may be in transition. It will depend who, if any, they sign to long term deals. Harvey will be gone. deGrom will be 33, and 5 years removed from elbow surgery.

The Bucs are my next choice. Glasnow will be the #1 having learned how to pitch with his control issues (see Johnson, Randy). Taillon will be a very good #2. Keller will have established himself as the #2-B after recovering from his elbow surgery. Hearn will be struggling some at the bottom of the rotation.

The Cubs' money will mean that FAs will lead their rotation but their position guys will be mostly/all prospects that came up with them.