Wonder What the Giants Offered

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

The following was in an article on MLB Trade Rumors. Hadn't heard anything about this in the past. Wonder what the Giants offered?

•Second-half bullpen struggles have the Giants kicking themselves for not making a stronger push for Mark Melancon, Heyman reports. The Giants felt their offer was comparable to that of the Nationals, but Pittsburgh ultimately traded Melancon to D.C. in exchange for left-hander Felipe Rivero and minor league lefty Taylor Hearn. While the Giants made a run at Andrew Miller, as well, the Yankees asked for Joe Panik in exchange, which the Giants understandably found to be too steep an ask. GM Bobby Evans lamented not adding another established reliever to Heyman, and it seems likely that they’ll be in the mix for the top bullpen options this winter (Chapman, Kenley Jansen, Melancon).
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

No team has ever had the best record in the first half and the worst record in the second half. The Giants might pull this off.

I am curious their offer too. I do like the return for Melancon. I hope the Pirates sign him back.