Fake Tag Play?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Fake Tag Play?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I saw clips of the play and then the pitcher behind Kang. Glad the pitcher was ejected.

What actually happened? Did Harper say anything? Was there a fight when it the fake tag happened?

Also, players fake tag all the time. I think Harper gets targeted a lot and he isn't a liked player. I am curious if anything else happened before the pitch behind Kang.
PMike

Fake Tag Play?

Post by PMike »

38333B373233286D6B1C253D343333723F335C0 wrote: I saw clips of the play and then the pitcher behind Kang. Glad the pitcher was ejected.

What actually happened?  Did Harper say anything? Was there a fight when it the fake tag happened?

Also, players fake tag all the time. I think Harper gets targeted a lot and he isn't a liked player. I am curious if anything else happened before the pitch behind Kang.

Harper was legging out a hustle triple into the right field corner. Bell airmailed both cutoffs and the ball was going into shallow left field. There was no play at 3rd, but Kang put down the fake tag to get Harper to slide so it would be tougher to try for home. I thought it was a heads up play. It cause Harper to slide really awkwardly and jamb his left hand into the base. It was Harpers fault. His third base coach was clearly telling him to stand and pointing to the ball in left field. Harper ignored the coach and allowed Kang to bait him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Fake Tag Play?

I saw the play. I am asking if there was any reaction after the play? Or was it just after the pitch to Kang?
PMike

Fake Tag Play?

Post by PMike »

060D05090C0D165355221B030A0D0D4C010D620 wrote: I saw the play. I am asking if there was any reaction after the play?  Or was it just after the pitch to Kang?

Oh. Harper sort of pointed to Kang and said something casually to him. Kang stone faced him and didn't even react. Dusty Baker sauntered out and looked over the situation. On his way back, there was jawing at the Pirates dugout. Don't know who started that one. Nothing more though.

The drama started after the pitch behind Kang. Werth and Cervelli were both on the field in a matter of seconds followed by Oliver Perez and Sean Rodriguez.
ChitownBucco

Fake Tag Play?

Post by ChitownBucco »

15082C2E20450 wrote: I saw the play. I am asking if there was any reaction after the play?  Or was it just after the pitch to Kang?

Oliver Perez and Sean Rodriguez.

Equipment managers scurried to hide laundry carts and gator aid containers
fjk090852-7

Fake Tag Play?

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am surprised Baker wasn't tossed from the game because I assume he told his pitcher to throw the pitch behind Kang. In my opinion Kang did nothing wrong in faking Harper that the throw was coming into third base.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Fake Tag Play?

525E5F040D040C01061903340 wrote: I am surprised Baker wasn't tossed from the game because I assume he told his pitcher to throw the pitch behind Kang. In my opinion Kang did nothing wrong in faking Harper that the throw was coming into third base.

It happens all the time. It can be dangerous, but no rule against it. Oh yeah, it happens all the time.

I am glad the pitcher was ejected too. It was intentionally and should have been stopped.
MaineBucs

Fake Tag Play?

Post by MaineBucs »

Baker should have been ejected. He obviously ordered the pitch after Kang did something that players do all the time, particularly at 2nd base.

We are Nats --- We are in the play-offs --- You aren't --- How dare you try to fake out Harper --- I'll teach you by throwing one behind Kang's head.

The only good thing that came out of this dust-up is that the pitch did not hurt Kang and no one seems to have been hurt.

Don't understand how both Werth and Baker were allowed to remain in the game.