Glasnow needs more time in Minors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Watching the game this afternoon, and Glasnow must improve on making pitches to the plate more quickly. Teams will run on him every time they get a player on base. That is not good at all. I would not count of him making the team next April.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yep he is a major disappointment so far. Don't wanna give up on him yet but to think this guy was such a stud in the Minor Leagues and seeing how bad he has looked up here so far is a bit concerning. Tell dave3ba that this front office was right and us fans are a bunch of morons since that's all this clown likes to do when he does posts on here.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Glasnow is young. No way do they give up on him. I wouldn't call him a disappointment. He just isn't ready. The Pirates said this all along. They were right. It's not a money issues.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

For the kind of numbers he put up in AAA and in the Minors for him to come up here and look completely clueless the way he has so far is disappointing. The Pirates need Glasnow to be a stud the next year or two not a work in progress.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

No, you are putting too much expectation on him. There is a big difference between the majors and minors.

Most major leaguers were dominate in the minors. They all made it, right? Still hard to stick around. That comes with experience and time.

Glasnow has some raw skills, but he is still very young. No worries about his future just yet.
dave3BA

Post by dave3BA »

7C5B4A4E4B56695D4A4B4B562F0 wrote: Yep he is a major disappointment so far. Don't wanna give up on him yet but to think this guy was such a stud in the Minor Leagues and seeing how bad he has looked up here so far is a bit concerning.  Tell dave3ba that this front office was right and us fans are a bunch of morons since that's all this clown likes to do when he does posts on here.

Clown? That's a sore subject these days.

Seriously though, every year people on here are crying for the next big prospect to come up earlier than management wants to. I would think people would learn eventually. That's all I was saying, Fred. You can relax and go back to planning out the Pirates next road trip win-loss record and I'll post when I have something to say, like I have here for the past 10 years or however long it's been.
mouse

Post by mouse »

On the chance this is the game thread for today, what a hit by Kang! It looks like he's fully recovered from whatever was holding him back earlier in the season.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

7E7C666076130 wrote: On the chance this is the game thread for today, what a hit by Kang! It looks like he's fully recovered from whatever was holding him back earlier in the season.

He is also playing every day too. I think they were too cautious with him this year. Unless he had pain or swelling, I think Kang was misused.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

3B3E293A6C1D1E5F0 wrote: Yep he is a major disappointment so far. Don't wanna give up on him yet but to think this guy was such a stud in the Minor Leagues and seeing how bad he has looked up here so far is a bit concerning.  Tell dave3ba that this front office was right and us fans are a bunch of morons since that's all this clown likes to do when he does posts on here.

Clown? That's a sore subject these days.

Seriously though, every year people on here are crying for the next big prospect to come up earlier than management wants to. I would think people would learn eventually. That's all I was saying, Fred. You can relax and go back to planning out the Pirates next road trip win-loss record and I'll post when I have something to say, like I have here for the past 10 years or however long it's been.

Yea tell us how good of a job management did this year taking a 98 win team all the way down to a team that probably won't even finish at .500. You sound like a lot of the apologists for this team who think that every single move the Pirates do or don't make is right. I think Huntington is happy Glasnow wasn't really good to begin because he came on his radio show in July and gloated about how management was right and how us fans were wrong. The bottom line is its not the fans job or my job to know if Glasnow is ready to pitch in the Majors Neal that's your job. And obviously you didn't do a good enough job this season getting this team to the next level.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6D666E6267667D383E497068616666276A66090 wrote: No, you are putting too much expectation on him. There is a big difference between the majors and minors.

Most major leaguers were dominate in the minors. They all made it, right?  Still hard to stick around. That comes with experience and time.

Glasnow has some raw skills, but he is still very young. No worries about his future just yet. Huntington is already starting to use his excuse for next year saying we are going to go with an all young rookie rotation as we sit here today on his radio show. He is already starting the excuses for not trying to win next season.