Wednesday Game 9/28/16

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Wednesday Game 9/28/16

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I know people are dying down for this season. No game thread. I am it eh same boat. I didn't watch either, but the Pirates won and rocked Arietta again.

The Pirates have like 19 earned runs in like 24 innings against Arietta in his last three starts against them. That is crazy.

Jaso hit for the cycle. First cycle at PNC Park. Funny how the ball got jammed under the padding in CF. Jaso is the second player in baseball history to hit for the cycle and catch a perfect game.

Rizzo had to switch gloves. Great call by Hurdle (or coaches). I never realized that rule, but makes total sense. Zobrist was over the first base bag so made him the 1B. I was hoping so bad that Rizzo would miss the ball with his glove, that would have been great. I love that Hurdle caught what was going on and made him switch gloves.

Good win. The only thing we can hope for now is to knock out the Cardinals.
UtahPirate

Wednesday Game 9/28/16

Post by UtahPirate »

I watched some of it. Taillon was very good! Last start of the year. He is looking solid for the rotation next year.

It was fun watching Jaso. He seemed totally overwhelmed at the end of the game. The triple was definitely Karma getting him the cycle. We can't beat the Cubs, but we can sure beat up on Arietta!
MaineBucs

Wednesday Game 9/28/16

Post by MaineBucs »

I watched most of the game because Tallion was pitching and because of the match-up with Arietta.

First, nice start by Tallion. He looks like a major league pitcher.

Unbelievable game by Jaso. Everything was hard hit.

I know I shouldn't care at this point, but really wanted to see Tallion get the win and was nervous when the Cubs put up 3 on a series of Pirate relievers in one inning.

Doesn't look like there is much hope of finishing below .500, but hey, stranger things have happened.
SCBucco

Wednesday Game 9/28/16

Post by SCBucco »

272C24282D2C377274033A222B2C2C6D202C430 wrote: I know people are dying down for this season.  No game thread.  I am it eh same boat.  I didn't watch either, but the Pirates won and rocked Arietta again.

The Pirates have like 19 earned runs in like 24 innings against Arietta in his last three starts against them.  That is crazy.

Jaso hit for the cycle.  First cycle at PNC Park.  Funny how the ball got jammed under the padding in CF.  Jaso is the second player in baseball history to hit for the cycle and catch a perfect game.

Rizzo had to switch gloves.  Great call by Hurdle (or coaches).  I never realized that rule, but makes total sense.  Zobrist was over the first base bag so made him the 1B.  I was hoping so bad that Rizzo would miss the ball with his glove, that would have been great.  I love that Hurdle caught what was going on and made him switch gloves. 

Good win.  The only thing we can hope for now is to knock out the Cardinals. 

Seriously trying to figure out what has changed with our offensive success against Jake the Snake. We did nothing the last two years and then this in the most recent starts against. Now, we can't do anything against Hammel or Hendricks.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Wednesday Game 9/28/16

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

If I recall form last night, they posted some stats.

50 innings from last year and the WC Game, Pirates had 7 earned runs.

Last three starts, 24 innings and 19 earned runs.

It is crazy. Maybe his roids are wearing off....ha ha.