Matt Moore

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Matt Moore

Post by JollyRoger »

Matt Moore is pitching a great game against the Cubs. Kinda of tough watching Bautista, Martin, Liriano and a couple of pitchers the Pirates whiffed on; Happ and Moore;doing well in the post season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Matt Moore

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They didn't whiff on Moore and Happ. Happ didn't sign their offer and Moore was turned down in trade. The Pirates wanted both of them.
UtahPirate

Matt Moore

Post by UtahPirate »

We didn't offer enough in prospects to get Moore.

The Giants offered higher prospects for Moore, which left them with nothing to offer other teams as they tried to get a decent closer.

I wish we had Moore. I think we were close. And you saw the results of the Giants "all in on Moore with nothing left over to improve the bullpen" strategy last night.
JollyRoger

Matt Moore

Post by JollyRoger »

575C54585D5C470204734A525B5C5C1D505C330 wrote: They didn't whiff on Moore and Happ. Happ didn't sign their offer and Moore was turned down in trade. The Pirates wanted both of them.

Wanting and getting are not the same. They did whiff on both of them because they did not offer enough. Not enough money in Happs case and not enough in prospects for Moore.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Matt Moore

Whiffing to me is passing on them totally. Because other teams made a better offer doesn't mean they whiffed. It takes two to tango. Maybe Happ didn't want to come back? Maybe the Moore trade was a bad one for TB?

Whiffing to me is passing on Weiters and Trout in the draft. The Pirates had total control in those picks. No other factors came in play.
fjk090852-7

Matt Moore

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The year they took Moskos the Giants took Madbum. That year they goofed up royally. I even wonder how hard they were scouting players at that time.
UtahPirate

Matt Moore

Post by UtahPirate »

363A3B6069606865627D67500 wrote: The year they took Moskos the Giants took Madbum. That year they goofed up royally. I even wonder how hard they were scouting players at that time.

Now that's a whiff!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Matt Moore

464A4B1019101815120D17200 wrote: The year they took Moskos the Giants took Madbum. That year they goofed up royally. I even wonder how hard they were scouting players at that time.

Moskos might be the worst draft pick ever considering who was passed over: Weirters, Bumgarner, Donaldson, Frazier, Hayward. I always felt bad for Moskos. he used to get heckled like crazy but it wasn't his fault he was drafted 4th overall.

The 2009 draft bothers me too. Trout going 25th (yeah, a lot of teams whiffed on him) and the Pirates took Tony Sanchez 4th overall.

Imagine a team with Bumgarner and Trout.