Serpico to the Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Serpico to the Braves

Post by JollyRoger »

2 years; 11 million. Pirates should have kept him for that!
Ecbucs

Serpico to the Braves

Post by Ecbucs »

Braves are having an active off season. Colon, Dickey, Rodriguez.

Do they they expect to contend in their new ballpark? Looks like they want to do what ever it takes to avoid a losing season at the minimum as they are most likely not done with moves.
SCBucco

Serpico to the Braves

Post by SCBucco »

4E6B68687D566B636176040 wrote: 2 years; 11 million. Pirates should have kept him for that!

I'm sure NH will scour the bottom of the barrel cheap options as a replacement. This is about saving money it seems.
Quail

Serpico to the Braves

Post by Quail »

With the $11M the Pirates just saved they'll be able to sign a really good starting pitcher ::)
SammyKhalifa

Serpico to the Braves

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Am I the only one wondering what Bizarro World we've been transported to when we're bemoaning not giving Sean Rodriguez a two year contract?  What happened to him being "on scholarship" and "Hurdle's Pet" and how he surely has incriminating pictures of members of the management team?   :D
Ecbucs

Serpico to the Braves

Post by Ecbucs »

695B57574371525B56535C5B3A0 wrote: Am I the only one wondering what Bizarro World we've been transported to when we're bemoaning not giving Sean Rodriguez a two year contract?  What happened to him being "on scholarship" and "Hurdle's Pet" and how he surely has incriminating pictures of members of the management team?   :D

My guess is that Serpico, Joyce and Freese will not repeat or improve on their 2016 seasons. All would be big gambles to bring back (although the team felt Freese was worth signing). While the Bucs have been quiet so far I think there are a lot of moves to come.
SteadyFreddy

Serpico to the Braves

Post by SteadyFreddy »

143233243222510 wrote: Am I the only one wondering what Bizarro World we've been transported to when we're bemoaning not giving Sean Rodriguez a two year contract?  What happened to him being "on scholarship" and "Hurdle's Pet" and how he surely has incriminating pictures of members of the management team?   :D

My guess is that Serpico, Joyce and Freese will not repeat or improve on their 2016 seasons.  All would be big gambles to bring back (although the team felt Freese was worth signing).  While the Bucs have been quiet so far I think there are a lot of moves to come. Don't hold your breath. The Pirates are big on telling us that they "tried" to go out and make a move for this guy or that guy but at the end of the day they always seem to fall short. I for one am sick of it and I called the Pirates front office personally and told them how I felt as I am not renewing my 20 game plan I had a year ago. I'm sick of Bob Nutting not giving Huntington the resources to make this team better when their is clearly money available to be spent. I told them flat out until Mr Seven Springs starts running this organization like a team that is serious about winning a championship you won't be getting one cent of my hard earned money. Maybe I am just one guy out of how many people that won't make a difference, but I'm sure a lot of other people feel as I do and maybe if the Pirates get enough of these types of phone calls with diehard fans like myself cancelling their game plans it will be a huge wake up call.
Quail

Serpico to the Braves

Post by Quail »

03313D3D291B38313C393631500 wrote: Am I the only one wondering what Bizarro World we've been transported to when we're bemoaning not giving Sean Rodriguez a two year contract?  What happened to him being "on scholarship" and "Hurdle's Pet" and how he surely has incriminating pictures of members of the management team?   :D

While he certainly had a great year offensively in 2016 I for one am not convinced he'll come close to repeating that kind of production. And while I'm not heartbroken that Rodriguez signed with the Braves I'm a bit concerned that the Pirates may view Adam Frazier as some sort of utility equivalent. While I like Frazier's bat, his glove is sub-par. He's not going to be able to cover shortstop and his play at second base was rough. With the starting pitching staff looking like it will be a youth movement I don't like the idea of less than average defense behind it. Rodriguez was able to provide good defense at almost any infield or outfield spot. That to me seems an asset worthy of the contract he received from Atlanta.
Ecbucs

Serpico to the Braves

Post by Ecbucs »

61465753564B74405756564B320 wrote: Am I the only one wondering what Bizarro World we've been transported to when we're bemoaning not giving Sean Rodriguez a two year contract?  What happened to him being "on scholarship" and "Hurdle's Pet" and how he surely has incriminating pictures of members of the management team?   :D

My guess is that Serpico, Joyce and Freese will not repeat or improve on their 2016 seasons.  All would be big gambles to bring back (although the team felt Freese was worth signing).  While the Bucs have been quiet so far I think there are a lot of moves to come. Don't hold your breath. The Pirates are big on telling us that they "tried" to go out and make a move for this guy or that guy but at the end of the day they always seem to fall short. I for one am sick of it and I called the Pirates front office personally and told them how I felt as I am not renewing my 20 game plan I had a year ago. I'm sick of Bob Nutting not giving Huntington the resources to make this team better when their is clearly money available to be spent. I told them flat out until Mr Seven Springs starts running this organization like a team that is serious about winning a championship you won't be getting one cent of my hard earned money. Maybe I am just one guy out of how many people that won't make a difference, but I'm sure a lot of other people feel as I do and maybe if the Pirates get enough of these types of phone calls with diehard fans like myself cancelling their game plans it will be a huge wake up call.

I think many of the moves will be like the kind that brought S-Rod and Joyce to the team in the first place. Maybe one big move.
JollyRoger

Serpico to the Braves

Post by JollyRoger »

0E29383C39241B2F383939245D0 wrote: Am I the only one wondering what Bizarro World we've been transported to when we're bemoaning not giving Sean Rodriguez a two year contract?  What happened to him being "on scholarship" and "Hurdle's Pet" and how he surely has incriminating pictures of members of the management team?   :D

Good for you Freddie! It may not make a difference but the fans voice needs to be heard. I'm thinking of flying back to the Burgh for Pirate Fest if Nutting is present to field questions. However I doubt he would put himself in that situation.