If Bucs trade Cutch, who plays RF in 2017

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

If Cutch gets dealt, who plays RF in 2017. I know Meadows will be honing his skills at Triple AAA to man RF, but in the meantime, who plays RF. With Matty Joyce gone, Sean Rodriguez gone...That leaves us with Josh Bell and?

Just wondering and curious to what you other Bucco fans think?

Beat'em Bucs :o
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Josh Bell.

I am sure a bench player will be signed. Frazier can also play the outfield.
Quail

Post by Quail »

If Alen Hanson plays second base they can put J-Hay out in RF as well. Any combo of Bell, Frazier and J-Hay might be the plan.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0622363E3B570 wrote: If Alen Hanson plays second base they can put J-Hay out in RF as well. Any combo of Bell, Frazier and J-Hay might be the plan.

Blah.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Bell - LF

Marte -CF

Polanco -RF
dogknot17@yahoo.co

625E585E454C5A432D0 wrote: Bell - LF

Marte -CF

Polanco -RF

LF is too big for Bell at PNC Park.

I would consider switching them on the road based on who is pitching or the line up. But Polanco has to play LF at home over Bell.
PMike

Post by PMike »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Bell - LF

Marte -CF

Polanco -RF

I would consider switching them on the road based on who is pitching or the line up.  But Polanco has to play LF at home over Bell.

I agree, but would leave Polanco in RF. Meadows will be up in July. You only have to have Bell out there for a few months. That is only going to be about 30-40 home games.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

100D292B25400 wrote: Bell - LF

Marte -CF

Polanco -RF

I would consider switching them on the road based on who is pitching or the line up.  But Polanco has to play LF at home over Bell.

I agree, but would leave Polanco in RF.  Meadows will be up in July.  You only have to have Bell out there for a few months.  That is only going to be about 30-40 home games.

This is hauntingly similar to the "Don't worry Glasnow will be up in July, just patch something up until then" we heard last offseason. 
PMike

Post by PMike »

172529293D0F2C25282D2225440 wrote: Bell - LF

Marte -CF

Polanco -RF

I agree, but would leave Polanco in RF.  Meadows will be up in July.  You only have to have Bell out there for a few months.  That is only going to be about 30-40 home games.

This is hauntingly similar to the "Don't worry Glasnow will be up in July, just patch something up until then" we heard last offseason. 

Indeed it is. That's the reality.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Meadows would have to be playing really well to get that early call up in my opinion. I would think more of a Sept call up than in July.

Can Bell play LF at PNC Park? He is a defensive liability for sure where ever he plays. A team that is worried about defense can't run him out to LF, right?