Tyson Ross

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Tyson Ross

Post by JollyRoger »

Hard to believe but the Padres non tendered Tyson Ross. He projected to get 9.6M. Should the Bucs take a chance on Tyson and then maybe reunite him with his brother Joe if he is included in a McCutchen trade?
IABucFan

Tyson Ross

Post by IABucFan »

Yes! Tyson Ross is ABSOLUTELY worth a sign. He's a very solid pitcher. I'm really surprised the Padres non-tendered him.
PMike

Tyson Ross

Post by PMike »

This is sort of a dream come true for the Pirates. He is a very successful ground ball pitcher who has no strings attached. How about an incentive based contract with option year(s).
notes34

Tyson Ross

Post by notes34 »

Yes please!
Quail

Tyson Ross

Post by Quail »

Even coming off of a lost season to shoulder surgery Tyson has enough upside to be well worth a reclamation effort. Unless the medical reports on his recovery are ominously grim the Bucs need to be looking into signing him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tyson Ross

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6C715557593C0 wrote: This is sort of a dream come true for the Pirates.  He is a very successful ground ball pitcher who has no strings attached.  How about an incentive based contract with option year(s).

Baseball doesn't allow incentive based contracts. Players can get bonuses for all star appearances or awards, but not actual stats. Pitchers can get appearance bonuses too.

Why would players sign one when they can get a guarantee contract?
PMike

Tyson Ross

Post by PMike »

3B30383431302B6E681F263E373030713C305F0 wrote: This is sort of a dream come true for the Pirates.  He is a very successful ground ball pitcher who has no strings attached.  How about an incentive based contract with option year(s).

Baseball doesn't allow incentive based contracts.  Players can get bonuses for all star appearances or awards, but not actual stats.  Pitchers can get appearance bonuses too.

No one has offered him a guaranteed contract...yet.

Incentive based contracts are allowed as long as they about award based or games played, innings pitched, etc. sorts of incentives.

If he hits 150 IP, the contract kicks in for the next year or two.
Ecbucs

Tyson Ross

Post by Ecbucs »

564B6F6D63060 wrote: This is sort of a dream come true for the Pirates.  He is a very successful ground ball pitcher who has no strings attached.  How about an incentive based contract with option year(s).

Baseball doesn't allow incentive based contracts.  Players can get bonuses for all star appearances or awards, but not actual stats.  Pitchers can get appearance bonuses too.

Incentive based contracts are allowed as long as they about award based or games played, innings pitched, etc. sorts of incentives.

for me a lot depends upon whether the team thinks he can pitch (and how much) in 2017. I don't know what the recovery rate is for this type of surgery so medical issues are the big question.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Tyson Ross

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7F6246444A2F0 wrote: This is sort of a dream come true for the Pirates.  He is a very successful ground ball pitcher who has no strings attached.  How about an incentive based contract with option year(s).

He just came on the market.

Sorry, I thought you meant a more stat based incentive contract. I did mention awards and appearances. They are allowed.
SammyKhalifa

Tyson Ross

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'd do it.

Another moderately interesting nontender with injury questions is rubby de la rosa