NH-Spin Doctor!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by JollyRoger »

Wow. I am stunned that NH would actually state that the plan was to keep McCutchen all along! Does he actually think us fans and Cutch buy this dribble? This is insulting.

If this is true then I want to see the Pirates tear up his current contract and extend him right now. Prove it!!!
rucker59@gmail.com

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I wonder if Cutch would demand a "no trade" clause if the contract was extended? Otherwise I'd like to see a 2-4 year extension. But we both know that's not going to happen.
SammyKhalifa

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

76535050456E535B594E3C0 wrote: Wow. I am stunned that NH would actually state that the plan was to keep McCutchen all along! Does he actually think us fans and Cutch buy this dribble? This is insulting.

If this is true then I want to see the Pirates tear up his current contract and extend him right now. Prove it!!!

Why are you stunned? If they wanted to just get rid of him that badly I'm sure they could have.
OrlandoMerced

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by OrlandoMerced »

43666565705B666E6C7B090 wrote: Wow. I am stunned that NH would actually state that the plan was to keep McCutchen all along! Does he actually think us fans and Cutch buy this dribble? This is insulting.

What is your understanding of the situation?
IABucFan

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by IABucFan »

717660686671363A43646E626A6F2D606C6E030 wrote: I wonder if Cutch would demand a "no trade" clause if the contract was extended?  Otherwise I'd like to see a 2-4 year extension.  But we both know that's not going to happen.

Wouldn't an extension beyond three years make him a 10 and 5 player anyway? I think that's an automatic no-trade clause, no?
JollyRoger

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by JollyRoger »

02303C3C281A39303D383730510 wrote: Wow. I am stunned that NH would actually state that the plan was to keep McCutchen all along! Does he actually think us fans and Cutch buy this dribble? This is insulting.

Why are you stunned?  If they wanted to just get rid of him that badly I'm sure they could have. 

If the plan was to keep Cutch all along; then you would not be engaging multiple teams with counter offers. NH is trying to do damage control on a lie.

I dont disagree with the idea of trading Cutch for the highest possible return. Just be honest. NH failed in the effort to trade Cutch. Now he wants us to believe that the FO had no real intention of trading him. You have now alienated your franchise player-smart move.
SammyKhalifa

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

55707373664D70787A6D1F0 wrote: Wow. I am stunned that NH would actually state that the plan was to keep McCutchen all along! Does he actually think us fans and Cutch buy this dribble? This is insulting.

Why are you stunned?  If they wanted to just get rid of him that badly I'm sure they could have. 

If the plan was to keep Cutch all along; then you would not be engaging multiple teams with counter offers. NH is trying to do damage control on a lie.

I dont disagree with the idea of trading Cutch for the highest possible return. Just be honest. NH failed in the effort to trade Cutch. Now he wants us to believe that the FO had no real intention of trading him. You have now alienated your franchise player-smart move.

That's not what I read it as at all. I saw that they weren't going to trade him unless it was an awesome deal. They didn't trade him for a non-awesome deal, so I'm not really sure how you can be sure it is a "lie." Just a description of what happened.
SammyKhalifa

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

“Our intent coming in here was to have Andrew McCutchen be in our lineup going forward,” Huntington said. “No one changed that. It's unlikely someone changes that going forward. We're not going to close the door but we're not going to be making calls.”

While the Pirates engaged in trade talks with multiple teams regarding McCutchen, no team was willing to meet the Pirates' price.

“The ask was significant,” Huntington said. “We took calls. We listened. We engaged. Not just with Andrew but with other players on one- and two-year deals. As we will always do, if we find the right move … We'll move a player.

“We felt the right move was to hold the player.”

I actually thought that this quote was way more upfront about how it went down then the Pirates normally are. Of course, there is all kinds of unknown in cases like this, so if you go into it wanting to think that the Pirates are liars (or honest) you can read into the situation and discover that you're right.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

So, it is bad to hear offers and then counter offer?

I expected this negativity either way. Huntington couldn't pull off a trade: Loser. Huntington traded McCutchen: Salary Dump. No win situation for Huntington and the Pirates.
OrlandoMerced

NH-Spin Doctor!

Post by OrlandoMerced »

It's almost like people don't know why they're angry, or who they're angry at. But they know that they're angry. A seamless transition from the 2016 election to MLB.