White Sox Unloading

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

White Sox Unloading

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Are the White Sox still unloading players? This is the team the Pirates should be on the phone with.

They have some older pitchers in their bullpen that could help the Pirates. Robertson, Jennings and Jones stick out. Jones has a decent contract (baseball standards). Jennings is hitting arbitration. Robertson owed like $12 million.

What is going on with Frazier? I expect him to be moved. Cabrera is expensive, but could help as a back up outfielder and trading chip at deadline.

I don't know. I don't think the White Sox are done trading. I hope the Pirates are on the phone if so.
SammyKhalifa

White Sox Unloading

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Jose Quintana would be nice, but it seems that the Sox are getting a boatload in every return, so I don't know what the ask would be.
BucsFaninGA

White Sox Unloading

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Sammy K and Dogknot, Quintana would look great in our rotation, but you know NH. He won't mortgage the future of the team. Plus, I imagine the ChiSox would start with Meadows, Taillon, Keller and go from there...But Quintana would look great in Bucs uniform...Bucs used to trade with Chic under different ownership

Beat'em Bucs :D
UtahPirate

White Sox Unloading

Post by UtahPirate »

6C5E52524674575E5356595E3F0 wrote: Jose Quintana would be nice, but it seems that the Sox are getting a boatload in every return, so I don't know what the ask would be.

He's the guy I have wondered about. Workhorse lefty with two years left on his contract. Would be a great fit for PNC and Bucs.
SammyKhalifa

White Sox Unloading

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6B5C4A5A6F484740476E68290 wrote: Sammy K and Dogknot, Quintana would look great in our rotation, but you know NH. He won't mortgage the future of the team. Plus, I imagine the ChiSox would start with Meadows, Taillon, Keller and go from there...But Quintana would look great in Bucs uniform...Bucs used to trade with Chic under different ownership

Heck yeah, long term 200 IP a year with low whip and all around good numbers? He's going to get a haul, more I'm sure than any "in our wildest dreams" McCutchen trade.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

White Sox Unloading

I didn't leave out Quintana. He would be very good in a Pittsburgh uniform. He is getting a lot of attention. But they have other players who could be had too. Many of their players are 29+ in age.

They have got a bunch of young prospects already. Maybe that will lesson the price on the others?
Ecbucs

White Sox Unloading

Post by Ecbucs »

477579796D5F7C75787D7275140 wrote: Sammy K and Dogknot, Quintana would look great in our rotation, but you know NH. He won't mortgage the future of the team. Plus, I imagine the ChiSox would start with Meadows, Taillon, Keller and go from there...But Quintana would look great in Bucs uniform...Bucs used to trade with Chic under different ownership

Heck yeah, long term 200 IP a year with low whip and all around good numbers?  He's going to get a haul, more I'm sure than any "in our wildest dreams" McCutchen trade.

Chisox will say they want a return similar to what they got for Sale for Quintana. He sure would help though.

The Bucs need a pitcher like him (of course almost everybody else does too).

In hindsight it looks like moves that the Astros and Braves have made are pretty good improvements for 2017. White Sox are thinking more for 2018 and 19.
PMike

White Sox Unloading

Post by PMike »

Something similar to Boston would probably be like: Meadows, Keller, Newman, and maybe Yeudy Garcia. A problem is that they don't have an MLB ready equivalent to Moncada.

I'd rather give up Marte for him, but it seems like he is a couple years ahead of the window they are shooting for.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

White Sox Unloading

Since they done so well with getting prospects, they could lower their asking price. Overall, they still came ahead. It sure doesn't hurt to ask.

MaineBucs

White Sox Unloading

Post by MaineBucs »

I would label that return a big ouch. I wouldn't make that prospect deal. And, as much as I like Marte, I would rather deal him if that what it took than those prospects.