Extend McCutchen!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Roberto218 »

Cutch's down year provides the Bucs a unique opportunity to extend Cutch at a discount: four years- $80 million which will cover 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. The new TV deal which will start around 2018 will be worth a lot more if Cutch remains the face of the franchise, and would pay for itself. That will takes through Cutch's age 36 season. I believe that Cutch will bounce back from the nagging injuries--thumb and leg, which impacted him last year. You don't trade Clemente, Stargell or Cutch.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Extend McCutchen!

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Did you not see the Cespedes contract? That guy is getting $29 million a year. McCutchen is younger too.

I would love to extend McCutchen for $20 million a year. I would offer him that for sure. I think the Cespedes contract is alarming and why the Pirates are trying to deal him.
SammyKhalifa

Extend McCutchen!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

717A727E7B7A612422556C747D7A7A3B767A150 wrote: Did you not see the Cespedes contract?  That guy is getting $29 million a year.  McCutchen is younger too.

I would love to extend McCutchen for $20 million a year.  I would offer him that for sure.  I think the Cespedes contract is alarming and why the Pirates are trying to deal him.

See, I took the Cespedes contract as a reason to KEEP him. I understand the other way though.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Extend McCutchen!

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

04363A3A2E1C3F363B3E3136570 wrote: Did you not see the Cespedes contract?  That guy is getting $29 million a year.  McCutchen is younger too.

I would love to extend McCutchen for $20 million a year.  I would offer him that for sure.  I think the Cespedes contract is alarming and why the Pirates are trying to deal him.

See, I took the Cespedes contract as a reason to KEEP him.  I understand the other way though.

Why keep him based on the Cespedes contract?
CarolinaBucco

Extend McCutchen!

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I don't know if we can extend Cutch, or even it's realistic, but I sure would like to bring him back this season.

My sense is that he won't steal any more bases and that his defense will be average, at best.

But I am predicting a big bounce-back year offensively, and the Pirates will desperately need that.

It's going to kill me to see him having a big year in a Nats uniform ... especially when we get nothing in return that can help the major league club any time soon.
Tintin

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Tintin »

0934393E292F34696A635B0 wrote: Cutch's down year provides the Bucs a unique opportunity to extend Cutch at a discount: four years- $80 million which will cover 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. The new TV  deal which will start around 2018 will be worth a lot more if Cutch remains the face of the franchise, and would pay for itself. That will takes through Cutch's age 36 season. I believe that Cutch will bounce back from the nagging injuries--thumb and leg, which impacted him last year. You don't trade Clemente, Stargell or Cutch.

Why would Cutch sign here for 20 million a year, when he could get 25 in an open market?

SammyKhalifa

Extend McCutchen!

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5F62657F62650B0 wrote: Cutch's down year provides the Bucs a unique opportunity to extend Cutch at a discount: four years- $80 million which will cover 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. The new TV  deal which will start around 2018 will be worth a lot more if Cutch remains the face of the franchise, and would pay for itself. That will takes through Cutch's age 36 season. I believe that Cutch will bounce back from the nagging injuries--thumb and leg, which impacted him last year. You don't trade Clemente, Stargell or Cutch.

Why would Cutch sign here for 20 million a year, when he could get 25 in an open market?

I've been thinking about your post for a while.

I don't know what Cutch thinks inside, but I think if he stayed there would be a real possibility of a statue of him erected outside the stadium. Certainly that's worth something to a lot of people. Now in most cases, I agree with you, but 5MM a year seems a small price to pay for immortality.
notes34

Extend McCutchen!

Post by notes34 »

Dutch will rebound on offense. I really don't want to trade him at this point. I can see a .300/380/475 from him next year.
RichD

Extend McCutchen!

Post by RichD »

I have a gut feeling the trade has fallen through with the Nats .

They seem to be looking at Sale from what i have read. Damn how much more pitching do they need?

Pretty strange there doesn`t seem to be a big market for Cutch. :o

But a guy like Fowler is looking to get 4/$70
Roberto218

Extend McCutchen!

Post by Roberto218 »

Why would Cutch sign for 4 years , $80 million? Here ate a few reasons:

1. I think that his wife is from Pittsburgh;

2. If he has another bad year, he takes half that;

3. He likes Pittsburgh;

4. He could get a no trade clause;

5. He is the man!

6. He is beloved here!