How I rank the potential trade pieces

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm good with the Hudson signing.

I'm very happy with the Nova signing. But Nova is not enough.

Now we need Quintana. I know it will be costly.

With that said, here's how I rank our prospects / young talent in order of me not wanting to lose them:

1. Bell

2. Polanco

3. Taillon

4. Marte

5. Meadows

6. Glasnow

7. Newman

8. Keller

Not sure if I'm forgetting anyone, but that's my list. As you can see, I have no interest in trading Bell, Polanco or Taillon. I wonder if Neal can make the deal without losing one of those three.
Quail

Post by Quail »

My rankings would be somewhat different but the biggest disagreement I have with your list is that it includes Taillon and doesn't include Cutch. I wouldn't trade Taillon under any circumstances. Cutch is already half-way out the door.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I was just including prospects and young players. Didn't even consider Cutch for that list. I certainly don't want to lose Taillon either, that's why I had him at No. 3. But it won't surprise me if the White Sox ask for him.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am a fan of Bell, and in my opinion he would not be included in any trade. We saw a small sample of him this year and he has a very good eye at the plate. I like that a lot. He does need to work on his fielding which I feel will develop in time. Meadows has done well in the minors but will it translate to the Big Leagues. I would consider him in a trade at this time if it brought back a high end starting pitcher.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

If Taillon is traded, the Pirates will be in the same situation. They can't and won't trade Taillon.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Good lists fellas. But considering that they are going after Quintana who has 4 yrs of control and a very team friendly contract left I think we all must come to the understand that to get a guy like that the Bucs will have to give up one and maybe even two of those prospects. On my list the only untouchable would be Taillon.
bbfbl

Post by bbfbl »

I am glad someone started a list. I haven't been on much in the past couple of years, so I haven't been following the organization as much as I used to, so there are most likely some prospects that I may neglect out of sheer ignorance on my part.

Looking at what I know that they do have prospect wise, there are three "prospects" I would wish not to part with:

1. Meadows

2. Bell

3. Keller

Everyone else is fair game. Specifically with regards to a Quintana trade, Glasnow appears to be the center piece that would need to go. People may disagree with this statement, but I believe they would need to include Marte in a trade for Quintana if it would mean that we do not have to sell the farm to get him.

Long range thinking for me is that I want Meadows and Bell to be a major component of the nucleus of this team that has to try to overcome the Cubs. I am 40/60 on Cutch. He definitely needs to move to a corner OF position, while most likely being traded this year. But if he has a bounce back year (I am betting on about 80% of his normal production we are used to seeing), the front office may believe it to be a greater need to keep him if they are in a serious playoff run. A big if.

My future OF would be Meadows, Polanco, and Bell (if we had to include Marte in a trade). IMO, with that core OF and at least 4 solid SP's, this team would compete.

Glad to be back, I have a lot of catching up to do. 8-)
mouse

Post by mouse »

I can understand why people wouldn't want to see Bell go, but he is in the unique position of being more valuable to the Sox than he would be to us. For us, he's a good hitter but with poor fielding. In a DH league that part of the equation can disappear, meaning he's worth even more. If NH is trying to balance value in a trade, adding Bell is a little like getting a discount.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3E3C262036530 wrote: I can understand why people wouldn't want to see Bell go, but he is in the unique position of being more valuable to the Sox than he would be to us. For us, he's a good hitter but with poor fielding. In a DH league that part of the equation can disappear, meaning he's worth even more. If NH is trying to balance value in a trade, adding Bell is a little like getting a discount.

Bell gone opens up a whole at 1B...again. The Pirates haven't had a solid fixture at 1B I a long time. They finally have Bell and people want to (or think he can be) trade him? His fielding won't matter if he hits. There are so many bad fielders who hit and play compared to bad hitters who can field.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm not sure of what the point really is of obtaining Q if one of the pieces to go is Taillon. Aren't you right back where you started? I am not sure I'd declare him "untouchable" but for this specific deal I can't see it.