Edgar Santana a Longshot to Join Bullpen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Santana has been perfect so far this spring ,but he probably has little chance to open the season in the bullpen. He opened some eyes this past fall in the Arizona Fall League, and so far he has continued his success in the Grapefruit League. I expect if he has continued success we will see him before the All Star Break in Pittsburgh.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

nice to hear about him doing well in spring.

Have a hard time believing Jared Hughes will make it through entire season with the Bucs.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Both Hughes and Bastardo may not last the entire season with the Bucs. There are some very good young arms coming up through the system.
mouse

Post by mouse »

The sense I have is that there are a lot of good young pitchers coming to the fore at one time right now, in AAA and AA. I wonder what they do with them all. At some point they have to consider trades but how do they decide who to keep and who to trade. I'm guessing those are not easy decisions.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

If Santana continues to perform well, he will be one of the guys in line to come up and fill a spot if someone in the BP (I'm not naming Jared Hughes by name here) performs miserably or gets hurt or gets traded. I'm sure he'll be up in Sept when rosters expand. I expect him to make the roster next year when Watson, Bastardo, Nicasio probably will all be gone.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I too cannot believe Hughes will make the team this year. He looked awful last year and looks like nothing has changed for the better this year. It's time to move on can't afford to let him blow games.
wtmjkj@verizon.net

Post by wtmjkj@verizon.net »

654342554353200 wrote:

Have a hard time believing Jared Hughes will make it through entire season with the Bucs.

That's what I thought last year.