Harrison vs Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Is this a real battle right now for the starting second baseman job? We have heard that Harrison might move a round a little bit since Kang is a question mark. Maybe he will be moved around because he is about to lose his starting job?

i still think it has to be Harrison's job to lose. Huntington and Hurdle like defense. Harrison has the glove. But Harrison also has the better glove at 3B and OF over Frazier too.
PMike

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by PMike »

5B50585451504B0E087F465E575050115C503F0 wrote: Is this a real battle right now for the starting second baseman job?  We have heard that Harrison might move a round a little bit since Kang is a question mark.  Maybe he will be moved around because he is about to lose his starting job?

i still think it has to be Harrison's job to lose.  Huntington and Hurdle like defense.  Harrison has the glove.  But Harrison also has the better glove at 3B and OF over Frazier too.

Harrison was just selected to play on the national team for the WBC. He is looked upon very highly across MLB. It's just us local negative people that thinks he should be replaced. He's not losing his job to anyone on the roster.
DemDog

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by DemDog »

Fraser might have the inside track on the 2B job right off. Josh has not played much with Team USA and who knows may not get much game action til he comes back to the Bucs. Will the time left give him enough time to get his bat grooved.
dmetz

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by dmetz »

7A6743414F2A0 wrote: Is this a real battle right now for the starting second baseman job?  We have heard that Harrison might move a round a little bit since Kang is a question mark.  Maybe he will be moved around because he is about to lose his starting job?

i still think it has to be Harrison's job to lose.  Huntington and Hurdle like defense.  Harrison has the glove.  But Harrison also has the better glove at 3B and OF over Frazier too.

Harrison was just selected to play on the national team for the WBC.  He is looked upon very highly across MLB.  It's just us local negative people that thinks he should be replaced.  He's not losing his job to anyone on the roster.

As a utility man yes but as starting second baseman? I don't think so at all.

Team USA didn't select him to play 2nd base they selected him as a utility man. Kinsler and Murphy are both ahead of him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison vs Frazier

5F4266646A0F0 wrote: Is this a real battle right now for the starting second baseman job?  We have heard that Harrison might move a round a little bit since Kang is a question mark.  Maybe he will be moved around because he is about to lose his starting job?

Harrison was just selected to play on the national team for the WBC.  He is looked upon very highly across MLB.  It's just us local negative people that thinks he should be replaced.  He's not losing his job to anyone on the roster.

He did have one of the worst offensive seasons among second baseman last year (especially in the NL). I don't think being named to the USA team is a savior. Many players decline that honor.

Frazier is playing well. It is hard to not notice. Just making conversation.
JollyRoger

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by JollyRoger »

Frazier has certainly earned a spot on the roster. He will be the Super utility guy
skinnyhorse

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by skinnyhorse »

We have to have a leadoff man who gets on base. I really like Frazier's ability to do that, not sure Harrison is consistent enough. When he's hot there's no one better but he had way to many stretches where he was an easy out last year. We'll just have to see how Harrison rolls this year but we have to have a consistent lead off hitter.
fjk090852-7

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I like Frazier as a lead off hitter, but I think Harrison will open the season at second base due to his ability at defense. As the season goes on Frazier may end up getting more playing time at second and Harrison will assume the role that S Rod had the past two years.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison vs Frazier

I think Harrison is the opening day starter. He could have a short leash if he isn't hitting and Frazier is hitting as the bench / sub.

I am anxious is knowing if Harrison will play any 3B or OF this year.
CTBucco

Harrison vs Frazier

Post by CTBucco »

Frazier won't take the 2B job from Harrison. I do think he will (and has) earn(ed) himself 350-400 ABs this year. And that will be a good thing for the team. He's already a much better bat than Harrison against RHP. I think he'll move around though. He should get his starts at 2B and in the OF along with giving Jordy a day off once in a while.