Quintana

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

sdimmick3

Quintana

Post by sdimmick3 »

I think the Pirates are messing with my mental status....

Now they are in on Quintana, how much isn't exactly clear.

Rotation of Cole, Taillon, Quintana, Kuhl, and Hutchinson? I can live with that.....my only issue is does this put us in a good win now situation? This would be selling Meadows, Glasnow, and another decent prospect either Newman or Keller. Or if not those, perhaps Polanco straight up. The future would be gone if they do this deal with prospects, which isn't good IMO.
mouse

Quintana

Post by mouse »

I wonder what the demand is in the way of prospects. I'm guessing it's really steep. I would say this seems so foreign to my idea of how the Pirates operate if it weren't that a number of years ago NH said they made a really good offer in prospects for David Price when he was with the Rays (I think it was).
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Meadows would be tough to lose. He is in line to replace the team's super star.

Glasnow would be a big loss too, but easier to deal with since the team has pitching depth.
sdimmick3

Quintana

Post by sdimmick3 »

i agree they have depth, just not #2-#3 depth....they have a bunch of #4-5 guys and that's not going to cut it...
Quail

Quintana

Post by Quail »

Acquiring Quintana would be a terrific move. Doesn't seem like the kind of move the Pirates are likely to make but it sure would be a nice gift for Bucco fans for the holidays. :D
ChitownBucco

Quintana

Post by ChitownBucco »

Quintana maybe the most under rated pitcher out there

Guy's numbers stack up against and beat Chris Sale's often the past few years
SammyKhalifa

Quintana

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7D594D45402C0 wrote: Acquiring Quintana would be a terrific move. Doesn't seem like the kind of move the Pirates are likely to make but it sure would be a nice gift for Bucco fans for the holidays. :D

It's a tougher call than that I think. When I suggested this a few weeks ago it was more in the abstract rather than specifics on what a deal would take.
Quail

Quintana

Post by Quail »

70424E4E5A684B424F4A4542230 wrote: Acquiring Quintana would be a terrific move. Doesn't seem like the kind of move the Pirates are likely to make but it sure would be a nice gift for Bucco fans for the holidays. :D

It's a tougher call than that I think.  When I suggested this a few weeks ago it was more in the abstract rather than specifics on what a deal would take. 

What do you think makes it a tougher call?
SammyKhalifa

Quintana

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5D796D65600C0 wrote: Acquiring Quintana would be a terrific move. Doesn't seem like the kind of move the Pirates are likely to make but it sure would be a nice gift for Bucco fans for the holidays. :D

It's a tougher call than that I think.  When I suggested this a few weeks ago it was more in the abstract rather than specifics on what a deal would take. 

What do you think makes it a tougher call?

Just thinking about the cost. I'm very (overly?) cautious about most things, even theoretical baseball trades. ;)
PMike

Quintana

Post by PMike »

This is the trade they need to make.

That said, I would not trade Glasnow. IMO, he's one of the guys they need in their rotation. He has more upside than Quintana and is probably at a lower trade value than he has been over the last few years.

I would also want to hold on to Polanco, though if that's who they wanted, so be it.

My ideal trade would be Marte and one of their middle infield depth guys (Newman or Tucker). Though it seems as if they are aiming for a year or two down the road. Meadows and Newman and perhaps someone like Yeudy. If you put Bell and Glasnow on the MLB team, that would be our 1, 2 and 10 ranked prospects. I think that is pretty fair. They already got big time pitching for Eaton.