Bell vs Osuna

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Bell vs Osuna

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that Josh Bell is still trying to get his timing down at the plate. There is still a little over a week until opening day, but just a thought, would it be possible for the Bucs to send Bell down for a couple weeks and open the season with Osuna at first base.
mouse

Bell vs Osuna

Post by mouse »

Possible but not very likely. Osuna has done well in spring training but the regular season is an entirely different animal. I could see them keeping Osuna on the team but Bell will be there. He's the first baseman unless and until his defense chases him off, or until the White Sox accept a deal for Quintana that includes him. I'm not expecting either of those in the short run.
johnfluharty

Bell vs Osuna

Post by johnfluharty »

I agree. I think Bell will get at least a month to get his bat going before they consider sending him down.
skinnyhorse

Bell vs Osuna

Post by skinnyhorse »

6A66673C353C34393E213B0C0 wrote: It appears that Josh Bell is still trying to get his timing down at the plate. There is still a little over a week until opening day, but just a thought, would it be possible for the Bucs to send Bell down for a couple weeks and open the season with Osuna at first base.
That's what I would do. He's batting .087 or something like that, we don't need for him to bring that kind of hitting north. He's several weeks behind and needs to go down and work it out.
DemDog

Bell vs Osuna

Post by DemDog »

Saw his second at bat today. He swung at 2 pitches that were way, way out of the zone. Kid is definitely pressing. If his bat does not go good he has to concentrate on that and not his defensive work.

If Bell hits I think he can become a serviceable 1B and 4th OF. Not GG caliber by any means but not bad enough that his hitting will not make up for it.

Love Osuna but he blocked by the #4 prospect with similar defensive problems and a higher ceiling offensively. I think that Osuna becomes trade fodder if he does well in AAA at the start of the season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Bell vs Osuna

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

No, Bell is the starter. The first series is using the DH. Its a perfect position for Bell to start the season.

He didn't miss much time. Bell gets a pass based on his 2016 season.
fjk090852-7

Bell vs Osuna

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bell is not looking very comfortable at the plate, and if he does not show any improvement this week I could see the Bucs placing him on the DL or sending him to AAA to work out a few problems with his swing. He may not be quite comfortable at the plate since the knee surgery. He will hit,but he has not yet got into the groove.
mouse

Bell vs Osuna

Post by mouse »

He's been going to minor league camp to bat there - they let him lead off every inning, so he gets about ten at bats a day. He'll get his timing back soon enough.