Glas-NOW time

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PMike

Glas-NOW time

Post by PMike »

Named the 5th starter. I'm psyched. I like him a lot. I think he will struggle some and be brilliant some.
SteadyFreddy

Glas-NOW time

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I like the move as well. He has the most upside and the highest ceiling of all the guys competing for that 5th spot. It would be huge for the Pirates playoff chances I feel if Glasnow somehow found a way to put it all together and be a difference maker.
CarolinaBucco

Glas-NOW time

Post by CarolinaBucco »

One thing I haven't heard or discussed this spring ... has Glasnow improved his ability to hold runners and his time to home plate?

He needs to improve in those areas A LOT.

If he hasn't he's going to be in big trouble.

rucker59@gmail.com

Glas-NOW time

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

My position has been and continues to be that Glasnow can be the single biggest key to this season. Apparently he has the stuff to be a star. If he can breakout everything changes.

I don't understand his potential. But folks who get paid a lot of money see it. If "it's" there, then this rotation has the potential for greatness.

The season just got a lot more exciting.
Bobster21

Glas-NOW time

Post by Bobster21 »

7D5F4C515257505F7C4B5D5D513E0 wrote: One thing I haven't heard or discussed this spring ... has Glasnow improved his ability to hold runners and his time to home plate?

He needs to improve in those areas A LOT.

If he hasn't he's going to be in big trouble.

That and his control concern me. He has the potential to be a star. I hope he's ready. Because if they lose games while he's still trying to figure it out, that could be the difference between being a WC team or losing a few too many. When September rolls around, we always wish there had been a few more wins in April. That said, he has the ability to be better than anyone else they have for #5. So let's hope he's ready.
Bobster21

Glas-NOW time

Post by Bobster21 »

Bucs also announced Leblanc and Williams to the pen. Not keeping Webb.
fjk090852-7

Glas-NOW time

Post by fjk090852-7 »

As a group this pitching staff coming out of spring training is much better than the staff they brought north last April.
SteadyFreddy

Glas-NOW time

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It definitely is a much better starting 5 I feel and bullpen overall to start this year then last year. I think the combination of Nova, Kuhl, and Glasnow as the 3-4-5 starters in the rotation is a lot better then the 3-4-5 of Niese,Nicasio, and Locke that started out last season. You add a young guy in Taillon into the mix as well who has the potential to be very good and it gives you reason to have a lot of hope to start the season.

Plus, there isn't too much dead weight in the bullpen either to start the season like last season when they had guys like Lobstein and Leubke in there who were absolutely atrocious.
SteadyFreddy

Glas-NOW time

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: Bucs also announced Leblanc and Williams to the pen. Not keeping Webb. I think I heard they are keeping Osuna as well on the bench is that correct??
Quail

Glas-NOW time

Post by Quail »

Glasnow's high risk/high reward profile certainly is a welcome change from the moribund consistency of Jeff Locke as our #5 starter. If nothing else it should be very interesting.