Today's game is cancelled (4/6 vs. Red Sox)

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

BOOOOOO
massbucsfan

Post by massbucsfan »

764448485C6E4D44494C4344250 wrote: BOOOOOO
Of course I had tickets now it's gonna be next Thursday at 2
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

So it's now time for my annual tirade about playing opening week games in the cold climates.

Start the season in Tampa, Toronto, Houston, Seattle, Texas, Atlanta, Miami, Milwaukee, Arizona San Diego and LAx2.

Cross your fingers and go to KC, STL, Oakland, DC, Baltimore or SF

Don't go to Boston, NY, Chicago, Philly, Minny, Cincy, Colorado Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit.

Have the first two series in the "warmer" or domed locations and have the cold weather teams start their seasons on Monday at home around April 10th.

I'm not saying this will solve all problems, but it would keep us from losing one of three off days in April and from playing 12 games in the next 12 days.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

With the cancellation of today's game, who gets skipped in the rotation? Considering Nova has been chosen to pitch Friday at the home opener do you just skip Kuhl's turn this time around or do you skip Glasnow's turn and pitch Kuhl in his place for now? Will be interested to see how things turn out as my daughter is flying in with her family from Seattle for some Bucco Ball against the Reds. Wife and I are going with them so I hope to see some good pitching maybe. This early season crap with bad weather and off days messes with my mind when trying to figure out who will be the days starter.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

406169406B63040 wrote: With the cancellation of today's game, who gets skipped in the rotation?  Considering Nova has been chosen to pitch Friday at the home opener do you just skip Kuhl's turn this time around or do you skip Glasnow's turn and pitch Kuhl in his place for now?  Will be interested to see how things turn out as my daughter is flying in with her family from Seattle for some Bucco Ball against the Reds.  Wife and I are going with them so I hope to see some good pitching maybe.  This early season crap with bad weather and off days messes with my mind when trying to figure out who will be the days starter.
It won't surprise me if the rotation remains intact. It helps reduce innings for the top of the rotation guys and prevents the ones who would be skipped from going too long before they make their first start.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

54584A4A5B4C5A4A5F5857390 wrote: BOOOOOO
Of course I had tickets now it's gonna be next Thursday at 2
Me too, but I can go next Thursday. 57 and cloudy is the f'cast for next Thursday which is much better than 42 and soaking rain today!
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

714C4B514C4B250 wrote: So it's now time for my annual tirade about playing opening week games in the cold climates.

Start the season in Tampa, Toronto, Houston, Seattle, Texas, Atlanta, Miami, Milwaukee, Arizona San Diego and LAx2. 

Cross your fingers and go to KC, STL, Oakland, DC, Baltimore or SF

Don't go to Boston, NY, Chicago, Philly, Minny, Cincy, Colorado Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit.

Have the first two series in the "warmer" or domed locations and have the cold weather teams start their seasons on Monday at home around April 10th.

I'm not saying this will solve all problems, but it would keep us from losing one of three off days in April and from playing 12 games in the next 12 days.

Agreed. Even tomorrow's game. No good reason that series isn't in Atlanta.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The weather for the opener tomorrow afternoon here is not looking good. It's supposed to rain and snow and not even get out of the 30's. The Pirates don't have the luxury of having the open day after this time since the opener is on Friday this year when it usually is on Monday. So don't know if they would play a Day night doubleheader on Saturday which they could do seeing that it's going to be beautiful on Saturday 62 and Sunny or if they will just tough it out and play the game in the cold tomorrow. I heard that Nova will still pitch in the opener tomorrow and that Kuhl will now pitch Saturday and Cole on Sunday as Glasnow will be skipped and probably pitch in the Reds series at PNC Park early next week.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I rarely get to go to Pirate games but I did have tickets for today's game.

While I am happy not to sit through a game when it is 35 and sleeting/raining, making it to next Thursday's game will be a struggle.

Have a meeting until 9:00 pm on Wednesday night, then must make the 4 hour drive to Boston in the morning, make the same drive back to Maine that evening, and be at an 8:30 meeting on Friday.

But hey, I get to see the Bucs in Fenway in decent seats on a day when it looks like it will be on the good side of 50. Life can be good.