Hughes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Hughes

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal 10m10 minutes ago

Source: #Pirates’ Jared Hughes on release waivers.

Right move but I have mixed emotions to be honest.
Tintin

Hughes

Post by Tintin »

50626E6E7A486B626F6A6562030 wrote: Ken Rosenthal‏Verified account @Ken_Rosenthal 10m10 minutes ago

Source: #Pirates’ Jared Hughes on release waivers.

Right move but I have mixed emotions to be honest.

I agree. It was time for him to go, but he was an important part of the 13-15 run. He got a lot of key ground balls when we needed them most.

I wish him a long and happy life.
DemDog

Hughes

Post by DemDog »

Hughes on Release Waivers 
iabucco

Hughes

Post by iabucco »

I think they had to do it but I was waiting for the "he needs a tired arm for the sinker to work" line to be used as justification for keeping him.
BucsFaninGA

Hughes

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Hate to see Jared go.... there are arms in the mix that can provide more value. Hope Jared catches on with another team. Class guy from Day 1 and one of my favorite Bucco Relievers.

Bucs Fan in GA
rucker59@gmail.com

Hughes

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Count me as sad as well. I've had the chance to get to know Jared just a bit - he is 100% class. Maybe his arm is dying, but he's a winner in every way.
iabucco

Hughes

Post by iabucco »

I also want to echo the sentiments that I wish him the best. I didn't say that in my post and he has been nothing but a solid team member and key part of the Pirates success over the last few years.
TBird

Hughes

Post by TBird »

It doesn't surprise me that he was released since he was struggling for a time.

I am also sad for him cause he was such a gamer and team player.

Wish him well for his next gig.
DemDog

Hughes

Post by DemDog »

Sadly I wish Hughes was still able to do his thing like he did until last year and now this spring. Never met him but just seeing him always smiling and his willingness to be friendly to the fans. Will miss that part of him.

Also glad that the Bucs showed him enough respect by just releasing him instead of using up his last option. Hopefully he will catch on with another MLB team soon.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Hughes

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Hughes already tweeted:

Pittsburgh as a city and as an organization will forever be family to me. Thank you @Pirates, it was an honor to wear the black and gold.