Kang to miss the start of spring training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully this isn't a dragged out process like the Sexual Assault charges that Kang had to deal with last season in July. Hopefully Kang can stay out of trouble once and for all and be on the field for the entire season. This guy has to be reaching a point now with Pirates management where they aren't going to keep putting up with all these little incidents that Kang keeps involving himself in. Kang needs to get it together because he is slowly starting to run out of chances I feel with the Pirates if anymore of these kind of things keep happening.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Not sure how they can replace his power. Seems we need him badly not sure how badly he needs the Pirates.
Quail

Post by Quail »

2A323037372031362B2A3C590 wrote: Not sure how they can replace his power.  Seems we need him badly not sure how badly he needs the Pirates.

Yup. There's no question Kang's bat is very important. He's a legit middle of the order hitter. I'm sure just about any other MLB team would love to have him even if he is proving to be a jagoff.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

For sure this would be a big blow if he can't play.

I would be shocked too. The Pirates have to know more than us, right? Unless they are happy with Freese at 3B.
mouse

Post by mouse »

They do know more, and they traded for another infielder. Hmmm.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

The best way to deal with freese having to start at 3rd for a significant amount of time this year is to sure up the rotation.  Pitch better
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

73716B6D7B1E0 wrote: They do know more, and they traded for another infielder. Hmmm.

I find it hard to believe the Pirates think the new guy is of equal value.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

606B636F6A6B703533447D656C6B6B2A676B040 wrote: They do know more, and they traded for another infielder. Hmmm.

I find it hard to believe the Pirates think the new guy is of equal value.
Not at all. Freese replaces Kang if necessary. Gosselin only replaces Freese on the bench.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

The thing that concerns me more is that he had the woman he was with lie and say she was driving. That makes it so much worse. I think the front office definitely need a plan B in place in case he cannot come back to the US at all.