Antonio Bastardo

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Antonio Bastardo

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Does anyone know if the Mets are paying part of Antonio Bastardo's contract this year too?

Releasing him or DL'ing him has to be happening soon. I would call up Pat Light, Edgar Santana or Angel Sanchez (not sure who is on the 40 man).
SammyKhalifa

Antonio Bastardo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I think they're getting to the end of their patience
johnfluharty

Antonio Bastardo

Post by johnfluharty »

I hope so. We have options so their is no point is waiting/hoping for him to figure things out. I want to see Santana or Neverauskas get a shot.
SammyKhalifa

Antonio Bastardo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Santana's looking really good!
SammyKhalifa

Antonio Bastardo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

http://triblive.com/sports/pirates/1221 ... his-season

Bastardo really opens up a bit about sucking this year. Kinda makes me feel bad for him instead of angry.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Antonio Bastardo

5550575159534A575E4D4B463F0 wrote: I hope so.  We have options so their is no point is waiting/hoping for him to figure things out.  I want to see Santana or Neverauskas get a shot.

They have six million points. Would be tough for any team to make that decision. I just feel the Pirates are already short handed with Marte and Kang. They can't afford or hide too many bad players.

Maybe call up a bat since the starting pitching has been so good?
SammyKhalifa

Antonio Bastardo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5C575F5356574C090F784159505757165B57380 wrote: I hope so.  We have options so their is no point is waiting/hoping for him to figure things out.  I want to see Santana or Neverauskas get a shot.

They have six million points.  Would be tough for any team to make that decision.  I just feel the Pirates are already short handed with Marte and Kang.  They can't afford or hide too many bad players.

Maybe call up a bat since the starting pitching has been so good?

Yeah but you're paying that 6 million dollars whether he's here or on his couch at home. All you're really out is the league minimum salary you are giving to his replacement.

I think the holdup is that they think he can return to form.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Antonio Bastardo

Why I asked if the Mets are paying anything?

Good point, but you better get better production. He has only pitched 5 innings and has never been this bad. But I think a move will happen soon.
SammyKhalifa

Antonio Bastardo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah I'm not sure about the contract thing. I think we pay all of it.
CTBucco

Antonio Bastardo

Post by CTBucco »

Maybe the next move is Bastardo to the DL and a position player coming up (to replace Frazier) from Indy. The problem is that no one in Indy is off to a hot start. I guess it could be Bostick (already on 40-man) or maybe Rogers (not on 40-man). There are a couple of spots open on the 40-man if they need to add someone.

Where has LeBlanc been of late? Only 1/3 inning (2 pitches) in the last week. I think I would've used him instead of Nicasio on consecutive days in that 2nd game against the Yanks.