Now, 5-1 Pirates in the fourth inning.
Ecbucs

June 4th vs Mets

Post by Ecbucs »

nice game by Williams.
BenM

June 4th vs Mets

Post by BenM »

Moving Cutch to the six hole sure has generated results.
Ecbucs

June 4th vs Mets

Post by Ecbucs »

Cutch happens.
iabucco

June 4th vs Mets

Post by iabucco »

Hopefully, this signifies a hot June for Cutch. Bell really turned a nice double play. He should not be subbed for defense.
CarolinaBucco

June 4th vs Mets

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Isn't that 3 consecutive impressive starts for Williams? I believe so.

If this keeps up, Taillon will have to replace Kuhl or Glasnow, but not Williams.

PLEASE let this be real for Cutch, and not a flukish mini hot streak. PLEASE let him get back to being the previous Cutch, or at least something close to the Original version.
Bobster21

June 4th vs Mets

Post by Bobster21 »

7654475A595C5B54774056565A350 wrote: Isn't that 3 consecutive impressive starts for Williams? I believe so.

If this keeps up, Taillon will have to replace Kuhl or Glasnow, but not Williams.

I think today clinched that. Taillon is reported to be ready to rejoin the team in another week. Williams will have only 1 more start before that and he can't possibly look worse than Kuhl or Glasnow. Meanwhile Brault s doing very good at Indy. Ironically, it was Williams and Brault who were the most effective in the bogus spring training "competition" for the 5th spot "won" by Glasnow with a 6.23 ERA. Williams is clearly a better option.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 4th vs Mets

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Why is Taillon getting another rehab start? His numbers say he is ready.

Good job by Wiliams. I would send down Kuhl and Glasnow when Taillion is ready and bring up Brault.
CTBucco

June 4th vs Mets

Post by CTBucco »

Taillon topped out at 68 pitches in his last start for Indy, so they probably want to stretch him out to at least 80 pitches before having him start for the big club.

I'm not sure what to make of Glasnow. I never saw him pitch in the minors, but his FB seems to sit 91-95 now. Based on all of the reports, I expected his velocity to be like Cole's and maybe even a bit more. Pierzynski doing the color for the game Saturday highlighted pitch location as Glasnow's biggest problem. He got hurt on pitches where he missed over the middle when targets were on the edges. I think he may be able to get away with more of those mistakes at Indy, so he needs to get his lumps up here.

Kuhl, from what I've seen, looks like he needs to get the sink back on his sinker - or, at least, start locating it in the bottom of the zone again. A few starts at Indy with more room for tinkering might help him get back to that more. I'd send him down and let Williams keep his starting spot. He's earning it.
Bobster21

June 4th vs Mets

Post by Bobster21 »

7F687E495F5F533C0 wrote: Taillon topped out at 68 pitches in his last start for Indy, so they probably want to stretch him out to at least 80 pitches before having him start for the big club.

Pierzynski doing the color for the game Saturday highlighted pitch location as Glasnow's biggest problem.  He got hurt on pitches where he missed over the middle when targets were on the edges.  I think he may be able to get away with more of those mistakes at Indy, so he needs to get his lumps up here.

I have to disagree. Let him master his pitch location in Indy. Results aren't so important because, as you say, he might get away with those mistakes in AAA. The issue isn't how good his stats there might look but rather gaining the ability to hit his spots.