June 7th vs Orioles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Good start.

2-0 Pirates in the second. Max Moroff with his first career double. Two RBI.

Hopegully, Kuhl goes far to save the bullpen.
Bobster21

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Bobster21 »

Interesting to hear the Baltimore announcers say the Orioles wanted to draft Kuhl and were disappointed that the Pirates took him a few picks before they were planning to grab him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: Interesting to hear the Baltimore announcers say the Orioles wanted to draft Kuhl and were disappointed that the Pirates took him a few picks before they were planning to grab him.

He is from Deleware. Probably a local kid they had their eye on. I assume he has a bunch of family there??
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Has Freese played any 1B this year? I'm surprised Bell is in the field and Freese is the DH.

Diaz with another big hit. 4-1. Wiley is almost done at 80 pitches in the third.
Bobster21

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Bobster21 »

303B333F3A3B206563142D353C3B3B7A373B540 wrote: Has Freese played any 1B this year? I'm surprised Bell is in the field and Freese is the DH.

Diaz with another big hit. 4-1. Wiley is almost done at 80 pitches in the third.
Freese is 10 years older than Bell and Hurdle just wants to give him some rest instead of playing defense tonight.
skinnyhorse

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by skinnyhorse »

78737B777273682D2B5C657D747373327F731C0 wrote: Has Freese played any 1B this year? I'm surprised Bell is in the field and Freese is the DH.

That's funny, it's Hurdle being Hurdle.
Bobster21

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by Bobster21 »

Diaz is making quite an impression. Great throw to 3B to double off Trumbo!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

June 7th vs Orioles

Kuhl is throwing some heat. He has hit 98 on the gun so far. He pitches well when he isn't throwing across his body. There are times he lands on his left foot way over to his left. Tonight, he is landing that foot down the center and is pitching very well. His curve ball is thrown for strikes too.
ChitownBucco

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by ChitownBucco »

Wow, hitting 100moh a few times
dmetz

June 7th vs Orioles

Post by dmetz »

Cervelli is a guy we should trade if a decent offer presents itself.   Mediocre catcher who is perpetually on the DL. Which is why I doubt it will. He put up one excellent season, stayed healthy and got a contract.

If Diaz can hit even modestly, hes the better option.  He far superior defensively and has to be more durable that Cervelli.   I haven't see a catcher this made of glass since Doumit. He's no spring chicken either, it's only going to get worse

He's the kind of player I would support selling off.  Keeping Diaz down is making him old for a rookie as well.   These are catchers we are talking about.