Here we go

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Here we go

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I know every game is important, but this next stretch of 10 is particularly important and will go a long way toward determining whether this team has a legit shot at making this summer interesting.

3 vs the Cubs

4 at the Brewers

3 at the Cards

10 games vs. the 3 teams ahead of us in the standings.

* Go 7-3ish and Pirates might have staying power.

* Go 5-5ish and Pirates will continue to hang around within striking distance.

* Go 3-7ish and Pirates will probably start to lose sight of the Division lead.

I think 5-5 is good, realistic goal but with the Pirates I always worry about getting swept. And if they get swept in any of these series it's going to be a killer.

Bobster21

Here we go

Post by Bobster21 »

While 5-5 is a realistic goal and maybe even a bit hopeful, they need more than that. They have no realistic chance at a WC spot. The only hope is to pass the teams in front of them and win a weak division. These are the 3 teams in front of them. This is a needed opportunity. If, after these 10 games we're saying "Well, at least they're no worse off than they were before," it's just 10 more games off the schedule that can't help them dig out of the hole they've created. If the Pirates are going to wind up with a better record than all those teams, they have to start beating them and asserting themselves. Just treading water while remaining behind those teams won't do it and creates fewer and fewer remaining opportunities.

I hope the players are up to the challenge. I hope they get timely hits and consistently good outings from the rotation. And I hope Hurdle puts a premium on winning these games rather than breaking up winning lineups so that players can rest.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What stinks is that the Brewers, Cubs, and Cardinals are playing some bad teams in the next ten days too. This is where they can pull ahead as well.

So, I agree, it is important to win the majority of the games.
BucsFaninGA

Here we go

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Hope that something positive and good happens with our Battling Bucs! Just play some competitive ball!

Fingers crossed and hoping the Curse of the Green Weenie, from the 60's, can create some good Pirate Mojo! I am sure Possum remembers the talisman, The Green Weenie! 8-)

Beat'em Bucs
Bobster21

Here we go

Post by Bobster21 »

Ecbucs

Here we go

Post by Ecbucs »

113C31202736216162530 wrote:

need to get going with this.
Bobster21

Here we go

Post by Bobster21 »

Bell is a one man gang tonight! :D :D :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

What a bad move in leaving Butler in the game. Bell just missed a second dinger. Then scores on McCutchen's infield single.

4-3 Buccos.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

Rivero comes into the game in the 8th. Hopefully, a low pitch count so he can go the 9th.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Here we go

Even Harrison made a nice, correct base running play. It would be great to get another run here.

Does Rivero stay in to face Hayward, then Nicasio? That's what I would do to close this out.