June 17th. I really don't like Arrieta.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

2-0 right now on a Polanco home run.

In a season where the ball is flying out of the park, how is it that he only has four home runs?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Now 4-2, bottom 6.

I am praying Nova can make it through 7.

Then I am TERRIFIED of the 8th.

Then hoping Rivero can do his thing in the 9th.

Did I mention I am TERRIFIED?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Nova almost done. How are you closing out the game?

Rivero in the 9th no matter what?
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

How about a 5 out save!!

Maybe we should just stretch Rivero out and have him pitch the 7,8, and 9. ?........just kidding

Big win tonight. Need Jameson to come through tomorrow and nail down a series win and a 6-4 home stand after starting out 0-2.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Funny. Everything worked out so there are no comments. I guess Hurdle stays for another game?
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Great win tonight against the hated Flubs & Arrieta.

Big hits by Polanco and Cutch.

Nova excellent again.

Rivero brilliant again.

But this business model is just not sustainable.

Right now we have one dependable, legit guy in the bullpen. ONE. That's a recipe for disaster (which we have been witnessing lately), and tomorrow for example I'm almost certain he won't be available. This team will crash and burn unless a couple of guys from the Hudson-Watson-Nicasio group start pitching to their full potential.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

052734292A2F28270433252529460 wrote: Great win tonight against the hated Flubs & Arrieta.

Nova excellent again.

Rivero brilliant again.

Right now we have one dependable, legit guy in the bullpen. ONE. That's a recipe for disaster (which we have been witnessing lately), and tomorrow for example I'm almost certain he won't be available. This team will crash and burn unless a couple of guys from the Hudson-Watson-Nicasio group start pitching to their full potential.

Actually for the first 68 games Hurdle has only had (1) dependable starter-Nova; (1) dependable reliever-Rivero; and (1) dependable consistent hitter-Harrison. It is a major miracle that the Bucs are only 6 games under .500

The good news is Cutch is heating up; Taillon is back, and Marte is 3 weeks away. I would like to see Brault back in the rotation and one of Kuhl or Williams in the pen.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

050E060A0F0E155056211800090E0E4F020E610 wrote: Funny. Everything worked out so there are no comments. I guess Hurdle stays for another game? 

My only comment on all this has been Rivero should close the baseball games. So I guess I have no problem commenting ?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

7 comments when they win. 30 when they lose. Sad.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

705556564368555D5F483A0 wrote: Great win tonight against the hated Flubs & Arrieta.

Nova excellent again.

Rivero brilliant again.

Actually for the first 68 games Hurdle has only had (1) dependable starter-Nova; (1) dependable reliever-Rivero; and (1) dependable consistent hitter-Harrison. It is a major miracle that the Bucs are only 6 games under .500

The good news is Cutch is heating up; Taillon is back, and Marte is 3 weeks away. I would like to see Brault back in the rotation and one of Kuhl or Williams in the pen.

This is all true.

We get glimpses of potential and then run aground in reality. Last night (1st game of the series) was about all I could take emotionally. Ripping your guts out gets really hard to do. Tonight in the 8th I bet every single Cub fan at pnc was sure they were going to win and every single pirate fan was sure we were going to lose.

Big move by Clint to run Rivero out in the 9th. But it does Signal that Clint knows he has no other solid options. Rivero will get used up real fast if he's the only guy who's qualified to pitch the 7, 8 and 9th innings.

I don't know what the answer is. I can't blame Clint for trying to manage a team that is so flawed at key spots, like the pen. I'd love to know what the FO is thinking. Buy, sell, hang on, pray?

But beating the Cubs is sweet. Should be 2-0 rather than 1-1.