Moroff, Bostick

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Moroff, Bostick

Post by SammyKhalifa »

The Pirates are expected to promote Chris Bostick and Max Moroff, a pair of hot-hitting utility players, from Class AAA Indianapolis to the majors Monday, according to multiple sources. They will be available for the series opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The Pirates have not announced the roster moves, nor the corresponding demotions.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1705080104
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Moroff, Bostick

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Interesting.

I am hoping for Diaz and Gosselin to be the ones demoted.

Still need an outfielder.
SammyKhalifa

Moroff, Bostick

Post by SammyKhalifa »

252E262A2F2E357076013820292E2E6F222E410 wrote: Interesting.

I am hoping for Diaz and Gosselin to be the ones demoted.

Still need an outfielder.

Yeah, it's not like there's a shortage of options to send away.

I don't think I'm as down on Jaso as everyone else, but his hitting stats this season don't lie, and I think subjecting someone to watching his work in the outfield goes against the Geneva Convention.  Still, I thought he was okay last year so I'd keep him. It's not his fault we're running two outfielders on the 25-man.

Hanson, eh, I guess there's still upside so I guess he sticks around. 

Gosselin, during the offseason I thought he's be an okay utility pickup but it turns out he sucks
mouse

Moroff, Bostick

Post by mouse »

I think if Hanson goes, he's gone. No options left. Someone might well pick him up. I would guess Diaz and Gosselin (or Gift).
PMike

Moroff, Bostick

Post by PMike »

A problem I have with the roster right now is that we are still giving top players days off. I get all of the analytics and the research that is starting to say that players play better with days off.

However, things have changed. Kang and Marte have screwed this team over. Injuries to Freese and Frazier have further conflicted things. McCutchen and Harrison should NOT have had the day off yesterday. Hurdle needs to go to those two and simply tell them that as long as they are healthy, there are no days off until Kang and Marte are back. If that is upsetting, take that up with your teammates who have put you in this position.

Yesterday, we were down 4 starters before the line up card was written. Then Hurdle voluntarily took out 2 (arguably our best 2) more. That just can't happen at this point.
Ecbucs

Moroff, Bostick

Post by Ecbucs »

594460626C090 wrote: A problem I have with the roster right now is that we are still giving top players days off.  I get all of the analytics and the research that is starting to say that players play better with days off.

However, things have changed.  Kang and Marte have screwed this team over.  Injuries to Freese and Frazier have further conflicted things.  McCutchen and Harrison should NOT have had the day off yesterday.  Hurdle needs to go to those two and simply tell them that as long as they are healthy, there are no days off until Kang and Marte are back.  If that is upsetting, take that up with your teammates who have put you in this position.

Yesterday, we were down 4 starters before the line up card was written.  Then Hurdle voluntarily took out 2 (arguably our best 2) more.  That just can't happen at this point.

I totally agree with this. It is more important to win games than give players a rest at this point in the season.  Looking at National League stats and playing time (by at bats) Cutch is 42 and Harrison 54, Mercer 67 Polanco 76, Cervelli 94.
Bobster21

Moroff, Bostick

Post by Bobster21 »

At least don't give them all off the same day. It was obvious Hurdle was happy that he had won the series and was throwing the game away yesterday.
Quail

Moroff, Bostick

Post by Quail »

6F49485F49592A0 wrote: A problem I have with the roster right now is that we are still giving top players days off.  I get all of the analytics and the research that is starting to say that players play better with days off.

However, things have changed.  Kang and Marte have screwed this team over.  Injuries to Freese and Frazier have further conflicted things.  McCutchen and Harrison should NOT have had the day off yesterday.  Hurdle needs to go to those two and simply tell them that as long as they are healthy, there are no days off until Kang and Marte are back.  If that is upsetting, take that up with your teammates who have put you in this position.

Yesterday, we were down 4 starters before the line up card was written.  Then Hurdle voluntarily took out 2 (arguably our best 2) more.  That just can't happen at this point.

I totally agree with this. It is more important to win games than give players a rest at this point in the season.  Looking at National League stats and playing time (by at bats) Cutch is 42 and Harrison 54, Mercer 67  Polanco 76, Cervelli 94.

And to be practical (and a little cynical) why give Cutch a day off at all? So he can be well rested for the team he ends up with after the trading deadline? :o
SteadyFreddy

Moroff, Bostick

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea I agree to simply gives games away by putting that lineup out there yesterday was inexcusable. You have to win games now and not worry about resting players for later in the season when you might need them. If you don't win games now later in the season isn't gonna matter anymore. That was a complete an total embarrassment yesterday what Clint ran out there.
johnfluharty

Moroff, Bostick

Post by johnfluharty »

Diaz will be optioned for sure, Goss has an option so hopefully he joins Diaz on the trip.