Quintana to the Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The White Sox traded Quintana to the Cubs.

OF Eloy Jimenez, RHP Dylan Cease, and INFs Matt Rose and Bryant Flete were sent to the White Sox.
SammyKhalifa

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Wow, for some reason I thought they would not send them to the southside.
OrlandoMerced

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Closest Pirates comp would probably be Meadows and Keller with two throw ins.
johnfluharty

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by johnfluharty »

I'm not sure I'd even want him as our #5 with how his season has gone.  I don't pay much attention outside the Pirates.  Are any of the guys they gave up prospects?
iabucco

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by iabucco »

You beat me to this.  I am surprised the Sox traded him to the Cubs but if it is the best deal, you take it. 

PS, I wonder if they tried to include Schwarber to keep one of the top prospects.
OrlandoMerced

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by OrlandoMerced »

090C0B0D050F160B0211171A630 wrote: I'm not sure I'd even want him as our #5 with how his season has gone.  I don't pay much attention outside the Pirates.  Are any of the guys they gave up prospects?

Eloy is very much a prospect. Not really sure about Cease, I think he's maybe had injury issues? He's a 21 year old putting up strong numbers in Low-A. To put that in perspective, Keller dominated low-a just after turning 20.
SammyKhalifa

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by SammyKhalifa »

So Cole, > or < Quintana?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The league change might help Quintana. I do believe in that. Also, being on a said winner should help and motivate (if you believe in motivation).
Bobster21

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by Bobster21 »

6F524C414E444F6D4552434544200 wrote: I'm not sure I'd even want him as our #5 with how his season has gone.  I don't pay much attention outside the Pirates.  Are any of the guys they gave up prospects?

Eloy is very much a prospect.  Not really sure about Cease, I think he's maybe had injury issues?  He's a 21 year old putting up strong numbers in Low-A. To put that in perspective, Keller dominated low-a just after turning 20.
Cease is also a top prospect. But all 4 are still in A-ball. A lot can happen between there and the majors.
johnfluharty

Quintana to the Cubs

Post by johnfluharty »

5C6E62627644676E6366696E0F0 wrote: So Cole, > or < Quintana?

Please correct me if I have Quintana wrong here, but if he is a #3 at his best and Cole is an Ace at his best, I'll take Cole.