Afternoon in SF

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Tintin

Afternoon in SF

Post by Tintin »

This one, to me, is a must win. If we lose, we can do no better than 5-4 on this road trip, we go two games under .500, and could go four down to the Cubs (Brewers don't matter).
rucker59@gmail.com

Afternoon in SF

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

44797E64797E100 wrote: This one, to me, is a must win.  If we lose, we can do no better than 5-4 on this road trip, we go two games under .500, and could go four down to the Cubs (Brewers don't matter).

I agree.  Must win. 

At some point VERY SOON Neal will have to take a final position as of the deadline.  Gotta show him this team is capible of a serious run.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Afternoon in SF

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Got to win the series.

Huntington only has four days to decide what he is doing. I still like the soft sell idea like last year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Afternoon in SF

4F444C4045445F1A1C6B524A4344440548442B0 wrote: Got to win the series.

Huntington only has four days to decide what he is doing.  I still like the soft sell idea like last year.

Nope - if this team is suppose to compete then give it the tools for this year and next. Why wait. If the intention is tyo do nothing, then sell
Bobster21

Afternoon in SF

Post by Bobster21 »

6D666E6267667D383E497068616666276A66090 wrote: Got to win the series.

Huntington only has four days to decide what he is doing.  I still like the soft sell idea like last year.
Going 2-3 in the last 5 games with both the wins and the losses being lopsided, it doesn't help NH get a good fix on this team.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Afternoon in SF

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

3433252D2334737F06212B272F2A6825292B460 wrote: Got to win the series.

Nope - if this team is suppose to compete then give it the tools for this year and next.  Why wait. If the intention is tyo do nothing, then sell

Why I said "soft sell". Help this year and next year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Afternoon in SF

414A424E4B4A511412655C444D4A4A0B464A250 wrote: Got to win the series.

Nope - if this team is suppose to compete then give it the tools for this year and next.  Why wait. If the intention is tyo do nothing, then sell

Why I said "soft sell".  Help this year and next year. 

Soft sell, acquiring what?

What will it take to beat the Cubs?  This may be as close as we'll ever get to the Cubs for the next 5 or 6 years.  If Neal is going to run THIS team as a team that can beat the Cubs he's going to need to be bold.  Soft sale is probably good on "one end" but he needs to get this team some critical pieces. If he doesn't he'll be wasting this opportunity.

IABucFan

Afternoon in SF

Post by IABucFan »

Giants traded Eduardo Nunez last night. They'll be a bit shorthanded today.
iabucco

Afternoon in SF

Post by iabucco »

I am torn because I don't really know what I would do. Trading for a player may be more symbolic than anything else. A starting pitcher would help but then two of the last three losses have been when Nova and Taillion struggled badly and they are not going to get bumped from the rotation. A relief pitcher would also help but hardly anyone would jump for joy if the pirates traded for a set up man. It really hurt that Polanco went to the DL because he was really helping drive in runs the last few weeks.

If they trade, I hope they trade for someone with at least a couple of years of control. That will mean giving a higher prospect away but I just don't think one player will turn this team around for this year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Afternoon in SF

454D4E594F4F432C0 wrote: I am torn because I don't really know what I would do.  Trading for a player may be more symbolic than anything else.  A starting pitcher would help but then two of the last three losses have been when Nova and Taillion struggled badly and they are not going to get bumped from the rotation.  A relief pitcher would also help but hardly anyone would jump for joy if the pirates traded for a set up man.  It really hurt that Polanco went to the DL because he was really helping drive in runs the last few weeks. 

If they trade, I hope they trade for someone with at least a couple of years of control.  That will mean giving a higher prospect away but I just don't think one player will turn this team around for this year. 

Jay Bruce? (Polanco is going to miss a lot of time and we'd need to replace Marte in playoffs). Plus someone to take care of 2nd or 3rd.