Bucs Need to Get a Better Seventh Inning Pitcher

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There is no way that Benoit should pitch another seventh inning in a close game for the Pirates. He is down right awful! Possibly Shugal can fill the void, or possibly recall Brault to fill that role. After two appearances from Benoit there is no way I trust him in a close game.
dave3BA

Post by dave3BA »

Don't you think 2 appearances is a little too soon to have such a strong opinion? I mean, the guy's 40. He has years of track record to point to. I'm not saying you're wrong, he could very well be washed up and there's a reason we got him for basically nothing, but only basing it off 2 appearances seems impatient.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

52574053057477360 wrote: Don't you think 2 appearances is a little too soon to have such a strong opinion? I mean, the guy's 40. He has years of track record to point to. I'm not saying you're wrong, he could very well be washed up and there's a reason we got him for basically nothing, but only basing it off 2 appearances seems impatient.
2 games is too few to cut the guy but I would not use him in the back end of the BP until/unless he starts getting hitters out. Marinez has been doing well lately (1 run in last 7.1 innings). I'd rather see him in the later innings than Benoit.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

S-Rod is back. Didn't he pitch before? The guy can do it all.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

272B2A7178717974736C76410 wrote: There is no way that Benoit should pitch another seventh inning in a close game for the Pirates. He is down right awful! Possibly Shugal can fill the void, or possibly recall Brault to fill that role. After two appearances from Benoit there is no way I trust him in a close game.
Well, they just claimed Kontos from the Giants
mouse

Post by mouse »

In the Sunday game, with the Pirates up 4 - 2, and a runner on first with two out, the announcers were saying the Pirates would go with a pinch hitter if Taillon's spot came up (he was one batter away). The camera showed a shot of the bullpen warmup process. It looked a lot like the word "Benoit" on the back of the shirt of the guy warming up. Stewart, fortunately, bounced to third so we'll likely never know. Hopefully Taillon is a good 7th inning guy.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

LeBlanc came in. Nicasio in the eighth.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Yes, it must have been LeBlanc I was seeing. The view was from behind a fan standing above the warm-up area.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Beniot looked a lot better today.