general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

The Rest of the Season

Post by Jerseykc »

Let's see what we've got

With Polanco on DL, Osuna should be out there everyday - Jaso PH

Harrison, Frazier, Freese = merry go round between 3b and 2b

Brault gets some starts with a 6 man rotation - I think if we yo yo him after starting all year in Indy, he gets injured. He has been durable thus far

Diaz catches, Stew gets 1 start a week, preferably on a Tuesday

What do you think?

Ecbucs

The Rest of the Season

Post by Ecbucs »

77584F4E5844565E3D0 wrote: Let's see what we've got

With Polanco on DL, Osuna should be out there everyday - Jaso PH

Harrison, Frazier, Freese = merry go round between 3b and 2b

Brault gets some starts with a 6 man rotation - I think if we yo yo him after starting all year in Indy, he gets injured. He has been durable thus far

Diaz catches, Stew gets 1 start a week, preferably on a Tuesday

What do you think?

this makes sense. Definitely less time for Stew and Jaso. Doubtful either will be back so what is point? No need to pitch Benoit any more either unless team needs innings. He isn't coming back next year.
Jerseykc

The Rest of the Season

Post by Jerseykc »

Schugel has been decent we should get him under contract
Ecbucs

The Rest of the Season

Post by Ecbucs »

5D726564726E7C74170 wrote:

Schugel has been decent we should get him under contract

The Bucs control him, he isn't even arbitration eligible.

Currently the Bucs will draft 11th next year.
SteadyFreddy

The Rest of the Season

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I definitely don't play Jaso anymore. Once again last night he basically jogged out of the box on one ball he hit to first that Gonzalez bobbled but still got the out while the Pirates scored a run. Jaso clearly saw Gonzalez bobble the ball and he made absolutely no effort what so ever to hustle down to first to beat it out. I wish they would put Jaso on waivers and somebody would claim him cause I am totally done with him.
Bobster21

The Rest of the Season

Post by Bobster21 »

7C5B4A4E4B56695D4A4B4B562F0 wrote: I definitely don't play Jaso anymore. Once again last night he basically jogged out of the box on one ball he hit to first that Gonzalez bobbled but still got the out while the Pirates scored a run. Jaso clearly saw Gonzalez bobble the ball and he made absolutely no effort what so ever to hustle down to first to beat it out. I wish they would put Jaso on waivers and somebody would claim him cause I am totally done with him.
I guess he knows his manager doesn't care.
mouse

The Rest of the Season

Post by mouse »

You almost have to wonder if Hurdle is sick of it all and thinking of retiring. He doesn't seem engaged in the process at all.
Bobster21

The Rest of the Season

Post by Bobster21 »

4143595F492C0 wrote: You almost have to wonder if Hurdle is sick of it all and thinking of retiring. He doesn't seem engaged in the process at all.
That's a very good way of putting it. He seems to go thru the motions of making up lineups and pitching changes as if the results don't matter. His players continue to display poor fundamentals or lack of hustle and the problem never gets corrected. I sure hope he's not back next year. It's bad enough that the owner seems disinterested. It's even worse when the fans have to watch a team that doesn't even play up to its limited potential.
Speedloader88

The Rest of the Season

Post by Speedloader88 »

I am an optimist in life....... really! I am always a pessimist when it comes to the Pirates. I predicted 83 wins and it turns out that too was optimistic.
notes34

The Rest of the Season

Post by notes34 »

I would consider shutting down Taillon. This young man has been through enough this year and something just isn't clicking for him right now. I love the heart and determination but I am concerned for him.