Ray Searage Gets Two Year Extension

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Trib is reporting that Ray Searage has agreed to a new two year deal. There is nothing further on the remaining coaches.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess they ran out of 4-year extensions.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

or he didn't want one...
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

NYC radio guys on WFAN were talking about wanting Joey Cora for NY Mets

One of our next coaches should be Michael Ryan who is doing a really good job with the Curve this season.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would hate to lose Cora since he has been a very good third base coach. We have not seen as many players thrown out at the plate by rather large distances like we did last season. If Cora gets the chance to manage then he must pursue that opportunity.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7975742F262F272A2D32281F0 wrote: I would hate to lose Cora since he has been a very good third base coach. We have not seen as many players thrown out at the plate by rather large distances like we did last season. If Cora gets the chance to manage then he must pursue that opportunity.

Do you think Cora is a good third base coach or just better than years past? I think he is better, but I am not sure he is that good. I'm on the fence with him. It's a tough position for sure.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

444F474B4E4F541117605941484F4F0E434F200 wrote: I would hate to lose Cora since he has been a very good third base coach. We have not seen as many players thrown out at the plate by rather large distances like we did last season. If Cora gets the chance to manage then he must pursue that opportunity.

Do you think Cora is a good third base coach or just better than years past?  I think he is better, but I am not sure he is that good.  I'm on the fence with him.  It's a tough position for sure.

I don't know how easy it is for outsiders to judge that, actually. I mean he seems OK to me but I'm not in the meetings.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

7B4945455163404944414E49280 wrote: I would hate to lose Cora since he has been a very good third base coach. We have not seen as many players thrown out at the plate by rather large distances like we did last season. If Cora gets the chance to manage then he must pursue that opportunity.

Do you think Cora is a good third base coach or just better than years past?  I think he is better, but I am not sure he is that good.  I'm on the fence with him.  It's a tough position for sure.

I don't know how easy it is for outsiders to judge that, actually.  I mean he seems OK to me but I'm not in the meetings. 

I think he is much better than what they had before. I cannot fault him on some of the poor base running blunders that some of the players make. For example Marte tried to go to third about a week ago and made the first out of the inning. He and Polanco are not very smart base runners. All kidding aside I think Alvarez was a smart runner but not very fast.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Alvarez and Walker were both very good base runners for the Pirates. Marte, Polanco, and Harrison are not. I do think some of that comes with being a Latin player for Marte and Polanco. Less fundamentals.

I recall a few plays that Cora got the runner safe on a bobble or a bad throw at the plate. I think Cora is better than years past, just not sure how good he is compared to others. Years past was really bad. Sofield, Leyva, and Lind weren't very good in my opinion.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

3F343C3035342F6A6C1B223A3334347538345B0 wrote: Alvarez and Walker were both very good base runners for the Pirates.  Marte, Polanco, and Harrison are not.  I do think some of that comes with being a Latin player for Marte and Polanco.  Less fundamentals.

I recall a few plays that Cora got the runner safe on a bobble or a bad throw at the plate.  I think Cora is better than years past, just not sure how good he is compared to others.  Years past was really bad.  Sofield, Leyva, and Lind weren't very good in my opinion.

I like Cora. I think he's done a nice job with third base, and also as infield coach. I don't think the abysmal play from our outfield can be pinned on Bartee. Pretty tough to have a good defensive outfield when your best outfielder is suspended for half the year, and you play most of the year with two real outfielders on the roster.

I would like to see both Cora and Bartee back next year. Glad to see Searage brought back.