Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is being reported that Renee Gayo has been dismissed by Bucs due to some type of payment received when signing a prospect. MLB is also investigating the situation. This is a big hit to the Bucs with Latin American scouting and signing prospects.
SCBucco

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by SCBucco »

It might actually make the organization have to sign relevant players that are good for the major leagues.
mouse

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by mouse »

Here's a link to a Bucs Dugout article on the firing --

https://www.bucsdugout.com/2017/11/15/1 ... g-kickback

You have to wonder how long it's been going on, and if that factored into that recruit from a few years ago who went to another team.
BenM

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by BenM »

I just hope that's the end of the story. The Braves are about to get hammered by MLB for their Latin American shenanigans.
rucker59@gmail.com

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Who knew the Pirates still had a Latin America operation???

Rene was Big News for a while, but his bulb burned-out a long time ago it seems.

PG article: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1711150254
johnfluharty

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by johnfluharty »

I'm not shedding tears over his loss. I soured on him after the whole Sano mess.
Ecbucs

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by Ecbucs »

404542444C465F424B585E532A0 wrote: I'm not shedding tears over his loss.  I soured on him after the whole Sano mess.
Have to wonder why that didn't sour Bucs on him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6F49485F49592A0 wrote: I'm not shedding tears over his loss.  I soured on him after the whole Sano mess.

Something happened with Sano. It was personal in my opinion. I still blame Sano's agent more as he didn't look out for the best interest for his client if the Pirates really did offer more money. But who really knows. Connecting with the family seems to be the most important aspect of those negotiations. Didn't Sano's agent have some ties with the Twins? Or get more money himself. It was shady, what ever happened.
Bobster21

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by Bobster21 »

1808093E2828244B0 wrote: It might actually make the organization have to sign relevant players that are good for the major leagues.
Gayo signed Marte, Polanco, Osuna, Diaz and Edgar Santana.
Bobster21

Gayo Dismissed By Bucs

Post by Bobster21 »

6C676F6366677C393F487169606767266B67080 wrote: I'm not shedding tears over his loss.  I soured on him after the whole Sano mess.

Something happened with Sano.  It was personal in my opinion.  I still blame Sano's agent more as he didn't look out for the best interest for his client if the Pirates really did offer more money.  But who really knows.  Connecting with the family seems to be the most important aspect of those negotiations.  Didn't Sano's agent have some ties with the Twins?  Or get more money himself.  It was shady, what ever happened. 

There are numerous stories about this on the internet if you google them. Basically, there was some question as to Sano's real age. Gayo told the family that other teams were concerned that he was not as young as he said and that it would reduce their offers but that the Pirates were confident of his age and that their 2.6 million offer would be the best. The family grew to distrust Gayo, feeling he was trying to steer them away from hearing other offers. The Twins offered more (3.15 mil) which showed Gayo was not being honest about other teams offering less because of the age question. So Sano took the Twins offer without giving the Pirates a chance to match or exceed it because they resented Gayo for not being honest with them.