Twins Have Spoken To Bucs About Cole

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Nothing concrete,but MLB Trade Rumors have noted the Twins have talked to the Pirates about Garrett Cole. My guess is the Pirates will listen attentively for any offers for Cole this offseason.
RichD

Post by RichD »

I want Buxton ! He is ready to breakout and throw in Matt Hague too. He can be a nice bench piece 1st /3rd /LF . I want Hague to get a real chance the guy deserves a fair shake we scrwed him.All he does is hit a consistent way 280+ 12-15 hr lots of walks and doubles.You cant tell me we cant use some of that.Find a place for him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

645F555E72360 wrote: I want Buxton ! He is ready to breakout and throw in Matt Hague too. He can be a nice bench piece 1st /3rd /LF . I want Hague to get a real chance the guy deserves a fair shake we scrwed him.All he does is hit a consistent way 280+ 12-15 hr lots of walks and doubles.You cant tell me we cant use some of that.Find a place for him.
You're referring to Hague's minor league stats. The Twins never even called him up. He's 32 and hasn't been in the majors since 12 ABs with Toronto in 2015. That would be some major dumpster diving.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

487379725E1A0 wrote: I want Buxton ! He is ready to breakout and throw in Matt Hague too. He can be a nice bench piece 1st /3rd /LF . I want Hague to get a real chance the guy deserves a fair shake we scrwed him.All he does is hit a consistent way 280+ 12-15 hr lots of walks and doubles.You cant tell me we cant use some of that.Find a place for him.

I want Buxton too but rumors I saw had the deal for minor leaguers. (Twins want to keep ML team intact for playoff run). Hague should be available as a minor league free agent. He shouldn't be part of a Cole deal. The Twins top prospects are infielders and pitchers. They have a couple hard throwing lefties in their top 10 or 12 prospects and at least one is knocking on door of majors.
Docjon49

Post by Docjon49 »

644243544252210 wrote: I want Buxton ! He is ready to breakout and throw in Matt Hague too. He can be a nice bench piece 1st /3rd /LF . I want Hague to get a real chance the guy deserves a fair shake we scrwed him.All he does is hit a consistent way 280+ 12-15 hr lots of walks and doubles.You cant tell me we cant use some of that.Find a place for him.

I want Buxton too but rumors I saw had the deal for minor leaguers. (Twins want to keep ML team intact for playoff run).  Hague should be available as a minor league free agent.  He shouldn't be part of a Cole deal. The Twins top prospects are infielders and pitchers.  They have a couple hard throwing lefties in their top 10 or 12 prospects and at least one is knocking on door of majors.
Yeah, no one trading for Cutch is going to weaken the ML team at all. You either get a guy being pushed out by a hot prospect/rookie, or you get the prospect/rookie because they have the position filled for years. Or just a selection of prospects.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Twins weakness was Starting Pitching last year. They had four starters (9+ starts) with an ERA over 5.00 and another with a 4.50 ERA.

Cole would be a huge upgrade for them. Not sure what the Twins have in their minors, but they could trade a key piece to solve a bigger problem.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Twins don't seem like a suitor for Cole to me. But, maybe that's just me projecting the Pirates model on them, in other words, don't trade prospects for MLB vets nearing FA. If the Twins offer say, two Top 100 prospects for him, you do that trade yesterday. Assuming Royce Lewis is off the table, a few guys who pique my interest are Nick Gordon (SS-2B), Stephen Gonsalves (LHP), and Fernando Romero (RHP).

FYI...in BA's Midseason Top 100, Gordon was #19, Lewis was #39. I've also seen a couple of other publications flipping them around and listing Lewis as the Twins #1 prospect. Regardless, I'd have to believe that any potential Cole trade would have to involve one of them. Cole has struggled lately, but he's still a legitimate MLB pitcher, with one outstanding season where he was an all star and legit CY contender. No reason to think he can't duplicate that. And, he's got two years left before FA.

If NH can get either Lewis or Gordon for Cole, I do that trade. Maybe something like Cole and Newman for Gordon and Gonsalves.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Isn't Newman ranked in the Top 50? I'd have a hard time including Newman with Cole. Cole is the prize. He is young, proven, and cost friendly.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

6269616D6869723731467F676E6969286569060 wrote: Isn't Newman ranked in the Top 50? I'd have a hard time including Newman with Cole. Cole is the prize. He is young, proven, and cost friendly.

BA has him at #88. In my mind, it's a fair trade. If the Twins give up a top SS, they'll want another SS prospect back in return, I'd think.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1E16152234113639570 wrote: Isn't Newman ranked in the Top 50? I'd have a hard time including Newman with Cole. Cole is the prize. He is young, proven, and cost friendly.

BA has him at #88. In my mind, it's a fair trade. If the Twins give up a top SS, they'll want another SS prospect back in return, I'd think.

still, the Bucs should get more. One established major league starter and a top 100 prospect should yield more than two prospects.