Cole/Harrison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Cole/Harrison

Post by notes34 »

Since it seems the Cole talks with the Yankees is cooling off, lets take a look at what it would take to get this done.

What would make the Yankees include one of their "untouchable" prospects in this deal. Is it adding Harrison and having the Pirates pay some of his salary?(I know, I know it won't happen). I think Harrison would be an outstanding pickup for the Yankees. His versatility and defense make him valuable. Would they consider him a starter if one of the young guys is included on their end?

From the Pirates perspective would they move Cole and Harrison if Torres is the centerpiece over Frazier. Would they decide to hang onto Cutch until the deadline? Would Torres, Andujar and Adams get the job done with including JHay. Would they even consider adding money? I'm not sure what the deal would look like with Torres included. I doubt we get both Torres and Andujar in the same package.
OrlandoMerced

Cole/Harrison

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I'm guessing that the Yankees are refusing to include either Andujar or Torres in any deal.

I think NH can be picky, he has still has plenty of opportunities to move Cole and get a prospect as good as Frazier.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole/Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think the talks are very deep with Cole and the Yankees.

I think the hold up is Harrison and the Yankees not offering enough to get both he and Cole. Harrison would start for them at 3B or 2B with just one of the young playing in either Andujar or Torres.

The Pirates know there is no spot for Frazier, so they need more. I also wonder what the Pirates feel about Adams as many teams project him as a bullpen arm instead of a starter. If the Pirates think he is a bullpen arm, I doubt they want him that much.

I would do Frazier, Adams, and Andujar for Cole. Throwing in Harrison, the Yankees need to provide another player. I don't see the Yankees trading Torres or Sheffield. Florial is a possibility, but very doubtful. I wish we knew the names the Yankees were throwing out there. It is all speculation at this point.
notes34

Cole/Harrison

Post by notes34 »

464D45494C4D561315625B434A4D4D0C414D220 wrote: I think the talks are very deep with Cole and the Yankees. 

I think the hold up is Harrison and the Yankees not offering enough to get both he and Cole.  Harrison would start for them at 3B or 2B with just one of the young playing in either Andujar or Torres.

The Pirates know there is no spot for Frazier, so they need more.  I also wonder what the Pirates feel about Adams as many teams project him as a bullpen arm instead of a starter.  If the Pirates think he is a bullpen arm, I doubt they want him that much. 

I would do Frazier, Adams, and Andujar for Cole.  Throwing in Harrison, the Yankees need to provide another player.  I don't see the Yankees trading Torres or Sheffield.  Florial is a possibility, but very doubtful.  I wish we knew the names the Yankees were throwing out there.  It is all speculation at this point.
I've seen many times that Frazier, Andujar and Adams are the offer for Cole. I would take that and not look back. Adams did relieve in college but has been starting again.
notes34

Cole/Harrison

Post by notes34 »

013C222F202A21032B3C2D2B2A4E0 wrote: I'm guessing that the Yankees are refusing to include either Andujar or Torres in any deal.

I think NH can be picky, he has still has plenty of opportunities to move Cole and get a prospect as good as Frazier.
I just read another rumor that the hold up is JHay. The Yankees want him included in the deal. If it was just Cole I think it would already be done.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole/Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I know Adams has been starting and he has done very well in the minors. He has great stats. But if the Pirates see him as a relief pitcher, I doubt they want him for Cole. The Pirates would need more.

I do wonder how Harrison came up. If the Pirates kept asking for Torres or Andujar, maybe the Yankees said they have to throw in Harrison.

I've been thinking for a while now that including Harrison is holding up the deal. Are the Yankees really going to start two rookie position players for a World Series run?
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

2A2B3021377770440 wrote: I'm guessing that the Yankees are refusing to include either Andujar or Torres in any deal.

I just read another rumor that the hold up is JHay. The Yankees want him included in the deal. If it was just Cole I think it would already be done.

I don't trust NH to get anything done. He is supposedly motivated to deal Cole, but hasn't. If he were truly motivated, the deal would get done.
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

6C514F424D474C6E4651404647230 wrote: I'm guessing that the Yankees are refusing to include either Andujar or Torres in any deal.

They aren't refusing to put Andujar in a deal. They are refusing to put Torres, and rightfully so. Floral is the other they are refusing to put in.
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

3D363E3237362D686E192038313636773A36590 wrote: I know Adams has been starting and he has done very well in the minors.  He has great stats.  But if the Pirates see him as a relief pitcher, I doubt they want him for Cole.  The Pirates would need more.

I do wonder how Harrison came up.  If the Pirates kept asking for Torres or Andujar, maybe the Yankees said they have to throw in Harrison. 

I've been thinking for a while now that including Harrison is holding up the deal.  Are the Yankees really going to start two rookie position players for a World Series run? 

The Yanks have said no to Torres. They aren't reading him, even if the Pirates throw in Harrison. Andujar has been part of the Cole discussion.
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

2D2C3726307077430 wrote: Since it seems the Cole talks with the Yankees is cooling off, lets take a look at what it would take to get this done.

What would make the Yankees include one of their "untouchable" prospects in this deal. Is it adding Harrison and having the Pirates pay some of his salary?(I know, I know it won't happen). I think Harrison would be an outstanding pickup for the Yankees. His versatility and defense make him valuable. Would they consider him a starter if one of the young guys is included on their end?

From the Pirates perspective would they move Cole and Harrison if Torres is the centerpiece over Frazier. Would they decide to hang onto Cutch until the deadline? Would Torres, Andujar and Adams get the job done with including JHay. Would they even consider adding money? I'm not sure what the deal would look like with Torres included. I doubt we get both Torres and Andujar in the same package.

We aren't getting both Torres and Andujar in the same package.  It's foolish to think we have a chance.  Why the continued insistence of asking for Torres.  This is the Victor Robles fiasco of a year ago.  Adams, Frazier, and Andujar for Cole and Harrison is fine with me.  If they want to throw in Tate or Cave, all the better.

They need to dump Cutch now as opposed to later. What's exactly the point on holding onto him if you are trading Cole and Harrison? Then again, its not like this franchise will reinvest the saved money, so ...