Cole Intro

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

sdimmick3

Cole Intro

Post by sdimmick3 »

Here is what Cole had to say about the Astros.....sorry, I mean the Pirates.

"It’s refreshing to come to an environment where the team is willing to continually put resources into the club and continue to move forward and try to provide the best possible product for its fans.”
IABucFan

Cole Intro

Post by IABucFan »

Yeah, I saw that. Good for him. Keep calling them out.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole Intro

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

It's childish, in my opinion. Once he leaves, then he speaks? And I am sure he still has friends in the Pirates locker room too. There is a way to be professional. He should be happy, but no reason to speak badly of his former team even if he was asked.

He also forgot about those nine seasons after they Astros got swept in the 2005 World Series where they did nothing and was one of the worst teams in baseball.

(I did hear that Harrison wants out, but I didn't hear what Rodriguez said. What did he say? He left for free agency. He seemed excited to be back last year.)
rucker59@gmail.com

Cole Intro

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

49424A464342591C1A6D544C454242034E422D0 wrote: It's childish, in my opinion.  Once he leaves, then he speaks?  And I am sure he still has friends in the Pirates locker room too.  There is a way to be professional.  He should be happy, but no reason to speak badly of his former team even if he was asked.

He also forgot about those nine seasons after they Astros got swept in the 2005 World Series where they did nothing and was one of the worst teams in baseball.

(I did hear that Harrison wants out, but I didn't hear what Rodriguez said.  What did he say?  He left for free agency.  He seemed excited to be back last year.)

My strong feeling is Garrett was speaking for the Pirate clubhouse.

If it embarrasses the FO....well good. But it seems pretty obvious nothing will embarrass them.  JHay said basically the same thing.
Quail

Cole Intro

Post by Quail »

It's refreshing for me to hear a player speak his mind using the lexicon of the business in a way that relates to the game's implied contract with the fans.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole Intro

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2B2C3A323C2B6C60193E34383035773A3634590 wrote: It's childish, in my opinion.  Once he leaves, then he speaks?  And I am sure he still has friends in the Pirates locker room too.  There is a way to be professional.  He should be happy, but no reason to speak badly of his former team even if he was asked.

(I did hear that Harrison wants out, but I didn't hear what Rodriguez said.  What did he say?  He left for free agency.  He seemed excited to be back last year.)

My strong feeling is Garrett was speaking for the Pirate clubhouse.

If it embarrasses the FO....well good. But it seems pretty obvious nothing will embarrass them.  JHay said basically the same thing.

I don't care that Harrison said what he said. He is still on the team. He isn't being a coward as he will have to face those people. I am not saying what Harrison did is right either as he doesn't have to go to the press. It can stay behind closed doors, but I respect him more than Cole.

Cole didn't say he speaks for the locker room either. At least, I didn't see that in the article I read. He just hurts himself too bashing a team after he leaves.
Ecbucs

Cole Intro

Post by Ecbucs »

2B20282421203B7E780F362E272020612C204F0 wrote: It's childish, in my opinion.  Once he leaves, then he speaks?  And I am sure he still has friends in the Pirates locker room too.  There is a way to be professional.  He should be happy, but no reason to speak badly of his former team even if he was asked.

How was he childish and unprofessional?

He was just naming a couple reasons of why he is glad to be an Astro.
iabucco

Cole Intro

Post by iabucco »

I don't have a problem with what he said. It may not have been the most polite or politically correct answer but it was an honest one. He didn't call out his former team mates or Hurdle and simply appeared to be answering honestly. He has been through a few weeks of constant trade rumors and I am sure that has flavored his view of the front office a bit. He has to feel a bit unburdened that he is going to the WS champions and a team that will make trades to improve.
DemDog

Cole Intro

Post by DemDog »

Gotta say Dog, that a bashing by Cole was needed and I agree with VaPirate's feelings that it felt the same way in the Pirate clubhouse.

As disappointed as I am over the Cole and Cutch deals and the cow patty explanation by the BMTIB for why it was done I only hope that statements like Cole's and Harrison's might light a fire under Nutting and Neal to do a rebuild using up-to-date methods.

By the way Dog when are you going to buy your Luxury Suite and invite the Admins in for a game? ;D Won't fault your enthusiasm for the Bucs.
SCBucco

Cole Intro

Post by SCBucco »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote: It's childish, in my opinion.  Once he leaves, then he speaks?  And I am sure he still has friends in the Pirates locker room too.  There is a way to be professional.  He should be happy, but no reason to speak badly of his former team even if he was asked.

I have no problem with what he said.  I'm pretty sure a bunch in the Pirate clubhouse have 100% similar thoughts.  They can't exactly come out and say it.  Now that he isn't under the control of the cheap organization, he can cast stones.  The more that goes on the pile toward this organization and its owner, the better.

Someone needs to come out and say that ownership doesn't want to field a competitive team.  That all the talk is complete bs.  That would also be a welcomed addition by someone as he leaves town. 

I'm proud of Cole for doing that. It reinforces what several outlets are saying.