Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Pirate Minor League Pitcher Suspended

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Never heard of him.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

656E666A6F6E753036417860696E6E2F626E010 wrote: Never heard of him.

Pretty sure he has changed his first name to Colorado.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

5B7D7C6B7D6D1E0 wrote: Never heard of him.

Pretty sure he has changed his first name to Colorado.

That is funny.

I have followed DuRapau somewhat. Although he hasn't seemed to impress the pros who make the prospect lists, his numbers are impressive. He has a career minor league ERA of 2.22, averages a K per inning, and has a catchy career WHIP of .926. He is short, and may have other shortcomings, but he must be hard to hit.

But he is suspended a second time for a drug of abuse? For what? I have no problem with punishing someone for that, but it better be more than pot. Personally, I don't mind suspending someone for pot----but not when there are hundreds of minor leaguers (and surely the majors) doing the same thing.

Which gets me to PEDS. From what I can tell only two MLB players were suspended for PEDS IN 2017, one being Marte. He got what he deserved, but where are the others? How many times do you see a player come to the plate with a head the size of a basketball, and think he weighs 240? Then they list him at 5'9" 170 – and he proceeds to hit one 440 feet?

I don't know squat about drugs, and I don't know much about the MLB drug testing, but I can smell a rat. I may stand alone, but I still think drugs are rampant in MLB. I don't doubt both Marte and Durapau earned their suspensions, but come on. At times I think MLB is so mad at half the American League, they decided to make an example of the Pirates.

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Still hoping our owner gets nailed for PED use and he is suspended.