Frank Coonelly

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Frank Coonelly

Post by Leyland1948 »

Mr. Connelly did an interview on the KDKA morning show and finds it terrible the hate the fans of the Pirates have for Bob Nutting. He claims Mr. Nutting was the last of the management team to sign off on the Cutch trade. Basically claiming than he, Huntington and others were the first to agree a trade was in the teams best interest. You might be able to view the comments on the KDKA radio or KDKA TV websites.
Ecbucs

Frank Coonelly

Post by Ecbucs »

49607C69646B61343C313D050 wrote: Mr. Connelly did an interview on the KDKA morning show and finds it terrible the hate the fans of the Pirates have for Bob Nutting. He claims Mr. Nutting was the last of the management team to sign off on the Cutch trade. Basically claiming than he, Huntington and others were the first to agree a trade was in the teams best interest. You might be able to view the comments on the KDKA radio or KDKA TV websites.

wouldn't the owner usually be last one to sign off? I guess Frank is earning his salary. Doesn't he realize he is hated too?
Roberto218

Frank Coonelly

Post by Roberto218 »

Coonelly is playing the hand that he was dealt. I would feel better about the owner if he put an offer on the table or had a payroll as large as say the Royals.
Bobster21

Frank Coonelly

Post by Bobster21 »

I heard the interview. Yeah, we should all praise Nutting for the fine job he's doing. To be blunt, Coonelly is part of the collusion of himself, BN and NH to give the fans an inferior product while maximizing profits. The interview was the usual FC/BN/NH BS.
BucsFaninGA

Frank Coonelly

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Pretty ridiculous stuff that Connelly, Huntington and Nutting are trying to peddle. Fans are not stupid! Ownership will not accept accountability for anything! I hope things continue to spiral and people express their disappointment with the way the Bucs are being run! This is one ridiculous organization! The fans, the team, and major league baseball deserve better than what is being peddled... :o
timozbuck

Frank Coonelly

Post by timozbuck »

The arrogance this management team shows is amazing...I really think they believe the fans ARE this stupid.

754254447156595E597076370 wrote: Pretty ridiculous stuff that Connelly, Huntington and Nutting are trying to peddle. Fans are not stupid! Ownership will not accept accountability for anything! I hope things continue to spiral and people express their disappointment with the way the Bucs are being run! This is one ridiculous organization! The fans, the team,  and major league baseball deserve better than what is being peddled...  :o
LumberCo

Frank Coonelly

Post by LumberCo »

The arrogance this management team shows is amazing...

this is the kind of stuff that will keep me away most of the time. we fans are not fools. they are not committed to winning, no way to sugar coat a sh** pie!
PMike

Frank Coonelly

Post by PMike »

1B223A3532251438570 wrote: The arrogance this management team shows is amazing...

this is the kind of stuff that will keep me away most of the time.  we fans are not fools.  they are not committed to winning, no way to sugar coat a sh** pie!

I'm not picking on you specifically LumberCompany, but on the cliches that you used.

This stuff will keep you away? I'll be darned if some BS language from the FO will keep me from being a fan of baseball/Pittsburgh baseball. I will not let them have that sort of power over me.

I'm also tired of the line, "they are not committed to winning." That line is exhausting and ridiculously untrue. They may not be willing to raise the payroll to a level that we all feel is necessary, but within the self imposed perimeters, they are definitely trying to win. If they were not trying to win, it would have been much smarter to keep the poorly producing yet ever popular Cole and McCutchen the whole way until their contracts ran out and the lost them to free agency gaining nothing in return. The fan base wouldn't be so upset right now. More people in the seats and more money in the coffers. Most obviously, winning would make their jobs a whole lot easier. To suggest that they don't want to win is just silly.
Ecbucs

Frank Coonelly

Post by Ecbucs »

5A4763616F0A0 wrote: The arrogance this management team shows is amazing...

resize_wb

this is the kind of stuff that will keep me away most of the time.  we fans are not fools.  they are not committed to winning, no way to sugar coat a sh** pie!

I'm not picking on you specifically LumberCompany, but on the cliches that you used.

This stuff will keep you away?  I'll be darned if some BS language from the FO will keep me from being a fan of baseball/Pittsburgh baseball.  I will not let them have that sort of power over me.

I'm also tired of the line, "they are not committed to winning."  That line is exhausting and ridiculously untrue.  They may not be willing to raise the payroll to a level that we all feel is necessary, but within the self imposed perimeters, they are definitely trying to win.  If they were not trying to win, it would have been much smarter to keep the poorly producing yet ever popular Cole and McCutchen the whole way until their contracts ran out and the lost them to free agency gaining nothing in return.  The fan base wouldn't be so upset right now.  More people in the seats and more money in the coffers.  Most obviously, winning would make their jobs a whole lot easier.  To suggest that they don't want to win is just silly.

They may want to win but may be (and I think it is certainly the case) fooling themselves in thinking they can win within their self-imposed perameters.  There self-imposed perameters may reduce their chances for winning to almost nil.  I do not expect a pennant in my life time if they keep these self-imposed limits.
Bobster21

Frank Coonelly

Post by Bobster21 »

524F6B6967020 wrote: The arrogance this management team shows is amazing...

This stuff will keep you away?  I'll be darned if some BS language from the FO will keep me from being a fan of baseball/Pittsburgh baseball.  I will not let them have that sort of power over me.

I'm also tired of the line, "they are not committed to winning."  That line is exhausting and ridiculously untrue.  They may not be willing to raise the payroll to a level that we all feel is necessary, but within the self imposed perimeters, they are definitely trying to win.  If they were not trying to win, it would have been much smarter to keep the poorly producing yet ever popular Cole and McCutchen the whole way until their contracts ran out and the lost them to free agency gaining nothing in return.  The fan base wouldn't be so upset right now.  More people in the seats and more money in the coffers.  Most obviously, winning would make their jobs a whole lot easier.  To suggest that they don't want to win is just silly.
Lumber Co didn't say they don't want to win. He said they aren't committed to winning. This very much consistent with your comment that, "They may not be willing to raise the payroll to a level that we all feel is necessary, but within the self imposed perimeters, they are definitely trying to win." I have often said the same thing. I have no doubt they want to win. But they will only make a commitment toward that end to the extent of their self-imposed financial parameters. Which isn't much of a commitment at all. Nutting wants to win but only on a shoestring budget. Huntington wants to assemble a winning team but only within the confines of that budget. The fans can see it doesn't work and it wouldn't take much more in spending to get where they want to be. Adding 1 or 2 key players. Or holding onto the players they have rather than dealing them before they can walk because there's no way the Bucs would pony up to re-sign them. I can say I sincerely want to win the lottery. I'm just not willing to buy a lot of tickets. Nutting wants to win. Of course he would prefer that to losing. He just won't spend what it takes.