Brandon Nimmo for Josh Harrison?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Now that the Mets signed Jay Bruce, the Bucs have Colin Moran to play third, and Frazier or Moroff to play second, does Nimmo for Harrison make sense? Nikon had a decent rookie year and is a good OBP play. Something to consider.
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

That's fine, if there is more in return. He's a fine player, but when they sign Bruce, that tells me he's basically a 4th OF'er.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Another 2011 first round pick. Seems to be a theme.

Nimmo has had a fine minor league career. Will he hit for more power? That is the question for me.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

He would seem to fit into the NH line of thinking.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Would the Mets agree to that deal? Met fans seem to be saying that's too much for Harrison.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Rumor is that Mets turned down 1 year of Cutch for Nimmo. Three years of Josh may be more valuable, because he plays second, third and two corner outfielder positions. Nimmo had a good rookie year but his strikeouts went way up versus his minor league numbers. Also had an extremely high BABIP. I love Josh. I was at PNC when he had an amazing Houdini-like escape on base paths against the Mets.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2022383E284D0 wrote: Would the Mets agree to that deal? Met fans seem to be saying that's too much for Harrison.

And fans here say it's too much for Nimmo, haha. :D   Kind of on par for team fans I say. 

For the Pirates, assuming they're the same "Value" (I really don't know):  at this point in time (with what our roster looks like) I think an everyday OF might be more vaulable than a JHay, as much as we all like him. 
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

497B77776351727B76737C7B1A0 wrote: Would the Mets agree to that deal? Met fans seem to be saying that's too much for Harrison.

And fans here say it's too much for Nimmo, haha. :D   Kind of on par for team fans I say. 

For the Pirates, assuming they're the same "Value" (I really don't know):  at this point in time (with what our roster looks like) I think an everyday OF might be more vaulable than a JHay, as much as we all like him. 

Another option would be a package that includes Thomas Nido, a CATCHING prospect. Our catching situation sucks. Cervelli is fragile and has no power. Diaz is probably better now. Our third option, Stallings isn't good. We have no other catching prospect in our top 25 prospects, so ...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think it would be great to trade Harrison to the Marlins for Castro. They both want traded. Castro is a owed a little more money over the next three years, but he is younger. Pretty similar talent wise.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm sure they both want traded, but that's probably not what they had in mind.