4/14 game thread vs Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

Maybe the lack of game thread is what's keeping them from hitting? Taillon looks good, but wow the bats are ice cold. Just one Pirates hit through 6.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully we can score late in this one and get the win. They definitely should have more hits and runs against this Trevor Richards guy they are facing. You would hate to drop another game to a bad Marlins team as well as you have been playing here recently.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

They have no patience at the plate and the ump is squeezing him, you would think the pitcher (Tillion) would tell the hitters the ump is calling a tight strike zone and they need to be patient it's the only way they're going to get to this guy. The only hitters on the team with real patience is Cervelli. Patience is the way to get to this pitcher make him come into your wheelhouse.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Surely CH has a MLB app and can see where the ump is calling these pitches. For these guys to be swinging on the 1st pitch as tight as the strike zone is just plane stupid. I would have these guys taking at least 2 pitches before they could even swing.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I don't want to be in a battle of the bullpens with anybody at this point.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Hitting has been just awful tonight and last night hope things change soon or we're in for a big nose dive.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

43474F786E7E4B6C630D0 wrote: I don't want to be in a battle of the bullpens with anybody at this point.

But, did you see our most latest pickup? LOL.
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

This is really bad. After the stumble, Frazier could have gotten back to first. He didn't have to get thrown out by a mile.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I want to beat on something after watching this crap.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Harrison really struggling at the plate the last few games. Hopefully he gets it going again soon. Hopefully Kontos can get through this 8th inning and the Bucs can push a run through with Polanco Marte and Bell due up in the 9th.