9. Trevor Williams (R) P
Bobster21

4/17 game thead. S-Rod leading off (2B)

Post by Bobster21 »

Snowing at PNC. Again.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

On a normal day, I think that shot from S-Rod is out. For Williams, that might be the worst TOOTBLAN I've ever seen.

Modified: Seriously, what the heck was Williams thinking on that? He was running with a jacket on, for starters, and was dogging it to second base. Or, if he wasn't dogging it...sheesh...I think my 89 year old grandmother with bad knees runs faster than that. Who tags up from first on a fly ball to left field?
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

We get a break with Arenado being out this series. We need to take advantage, plate some runs, and win this game.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I am not impressed by Williams' offense tonight. A terrible TOOTBLAN, and then that inexplicable pop-up. I don't expect my pitchers to hit like Bumgarner or Ohtani. I just want them to get the occasional bunt down, and not make stupid outs on the bases. Williams has done neither tonight. His pitching hasn't been terrible though.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Beginning to think we send down kuhl, brault, and williams since each has faults. Lets bring up kingham , walker, and some other rook where they will fail at some point so they can get bagged on as well. Sweet jesus :D
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Aside from the Sunday game in Miami the Pirates bats have been completely dead the last 5 games or so. Guys like Polanco and Bell are really struggling the last few games. Gotta get these guys going again or we are gonna start seeing games like tonight and last night a lot more which is going to equal more losses in the long run.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

636B685F496C4B442A0 wrote: I am not impressed by Williams' offense tonight. A terrible TOOTBLAN, and then that inexplicable pop-up. I don't expect my pitchers to hit like Bumgarner or Ohtani. I just want them to get the occasional bunt down, and not make stupid outs on the bases. Williams has done neither tonight. His pitching hasn't been terrible though.

Did you just see Polanco stand on 1st when Marte hit into a deep fly out to RF? Williams would have advanced to 2nd and kept “running” to 3rd. Heck, he might have advanced all the way home!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Looks like we are gonna have to win tomorrow afternoon to avoid a sweep in this series. You want to at least get one in this series as well as the Pirates have been playing now. Don’t want to give games back in the standings by getting swept.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

092E3F3B3E231C283F3E3E235A0 wrote: Aside from the Sunday game in Miami the Pirates bats have been completely dead the last 5 games or so. Guys like Polanco and Bell are really struggling the last few games. Gotta get these guys going again or we are gonna start seeing games like tonight and last night a lot more which is going to equal more losses in the long run.

Bucs were due some serious regression to the mean.

I can't remember in my 30 years of fandom a year where the bats up and down the lineup started out so hot.

even with recent struggles they still lead NL in runs scored, and just a smidge behind ATL in OPS and BA