7/8 vs the Phils

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by INbuc »

On Monday against LA I noted Kingham didn't look prepared to play. He looks ready today.

Way to get out of that inning. He straightened up Williams by going up and in, gets a called strike on the outer edge, and finished him off with the curve. Impressive pitching.
dmetz

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by dmetz »

Nice outing by Kingham. And he drove him 2 of the 4 runs we scored.

Cannot lose them all!
CarolinaBucco

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Hey we won a game this week!

Sorry to be a downer but when you've lost 29 of 30 (at least that's what it feels like), one win is meaningless.

The worst teams in the history of baseball win 1 of 5 ... which is about what the Pirates are doing these days.

I won't feel good about this team going into the break unless they can win something like 7 of 8 this week, to go into the break at 48-49. And I'd say the chances of that happening are about 50 zillion to one.

The Pirates are now 1-10 this year vs. the Phillies and Nats ... and guess who's coming to PNC Park next.

I'm glad Kingham looked good today, and Vasquez looked untouchable. But those are small battles. This franchise is losing the war, and it's getting slaughtered.
mouse

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by mouse »

Has anyone seen a report on the attendance yesterday and today? It looked really sparse today.
Bobster21

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates are now 1-0 on even numbered Sundays this July.
Ecbucs

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by Ecbucs »

042924353223347477460 wrote: The Pirates are now 1-0 on even numbered Sundays this July.

19,542 today and 28,150 on Saturday and 24,846 on Friday

so about 72,000 for the weekend.
mouse

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by mouse »

That's pretty bad for a perfect weekend weather-wise and a cross state rival. That has to have NH concerned.

My daughter was out to this game and now she thinks she's a good luck charm.
DemDog

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by DemDog »

3C3E242234510 wrote: That's pretty bad for a perfect weekend weather-wise and a cross state rival. That has to have NH concerned.

My daughter was out to this game and now she thinks she's a good luck charm.

Gonna use my Admin prerogative and and lay claim to 5/6 of the good luck charm for today's win. My daugher, son-in-law, grand daughter and grandson came in all the way from Seattle WA to go to this game and then Thursday game. They too think they are all good luck charms! ;D
SteadyFreddy

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This win doesn’t mean anything. It’s too little too late for this team to do anything of significance. They play 8 games this week 3 with the Nats and 5 with the Brewers I expect them to do something like 2-6 or maybe even 3-5 but no better then that. This season is over for the most part and the attendance is going to continue to suffer as we head into August and especially in September.
Bobster21

7/8 vs the Phils

Post by Bobster21 »

Kingham's double was the hitting highlight of the game. Here's how Hurdle described it:

“A breaking ball he could swing at 10 times and miss nine of them, and that one he clocked,” Hurdle said. “They're playing him short left where he probably earned to be played, and it turned out really well for us.”

How about saying something positive about it? Like, "maybe they should give him more respect next time." Hurdle, who never seems too interested in winning, finds a way to minimize, maybe even belittle his pitcher for getting the big hit to help win a game.