Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Kang back?

Post by Ecbucs »

Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This is huge news.

I hope he is in shape. Get him to Altoona now.
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB. Too many DUIs. Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic. I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has. I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long. Good Luck to him though.
SCBucco

Kang back?

Post by SCBucco »

654342554353200 wrote: Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

I would pass on that file. Too many issues to count. He isn't trustworthy enough to me. Agree with Possum.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

42636B426961060 wrote: Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB.  Too many DUIs.  Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic.  I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has.  I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long.  Good Luck to him though.

Doesn't mean he is an alcoholic. I don't get why people think that?

Kang can give a little boost to the team. I hope he hasn't lost his game.

DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

69626A666362793C3A4D746C656262236E620D0 wrote: Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB.  Too many DUIs.  Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic.  I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has.  I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long.  Good Luck to him though.

Doesn't mean he is an alcoholic.  I don't get why people think that?   

Kang can give a little boost to the team.  I hope he hasn't lost his game.

Okay Dog I will put it so that you can truly understand what Kang is:  [move]HE IS A DRUNK!! and A DRUNK DRIVER TOO BOOT!! NOT ONCE BUT THRICE!!![/move]  If you can't understand that and keep on being a shill for him to play with this team again then I will lose all respect for you.

Do not take me wrong Dog.  I do feel that Kang may have his problems figured out but it only takes one drink and perhaps he is back to being a DRUNK again.  For his personal sake I hope so.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

5E4E4F786E6E620D0 wrote: Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

I would pass on that file.  Too many issues to count.  He isn't trustworthy enough to me.   Agree with Possum.

But you want the Pirates to trade for Matt Bush?
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

Y E S ! ! ! !

Get him in the minors, STAT. 

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!

YES!
OrlandoMerced

Kang back?

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Think you have to see how he responds to a minor league conditioning assignment. If he can still play, he would be a nice addition to the left side of the infield, and if he could spell Mercer some night, that would be quite important.
SCBucco

Kang back?

Post by SCBucco »

79727A767372692C2A5D647C757272337E721D0 wrote: Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang has received a work visa and is expected to resume his career with the team, according to a report from Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic (via Twitter). Kang had not been able to secure a visa for quite some time after being convicted of a DUI in his native Korea.

I would pass on that file.  Too many issues to count.  He isn't trustworthy enough to me.   Agree with Possum.

But you want the Pirates to trade for Matt Bush? 

Yes. I was looking for options because our bullpen is worse than the Toronto Maple Leaf defense. He seems to have cleared his issues. Meanwhile, when was the last time Kang swung a bat in the majors? Have no desire to have him back really.