Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

MLB reporting that Archer is a Buc.

Post by JollyRoger »

Nm
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Meadows, Glasnow, and a 3rd player to be named.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6B6C7A727C6B2C20597E74787075377A7674190 wrote: Meadows, Glasnow, and a 3rd player to be named.

man i don't know. a bit too early to give up on Meadows, eh?
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

Love it, we have Luplow, Reynolds and Martin along with Dickerson. Meadows is expendable for a good starting pitcher.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I am officially happy with Glasnow and Meadows.

I will not be happy if the 3rd piece is named Hayes or "Kevin" or any one of our top 10 prospects.

Glasnow and Meadows feels like enough.

Dreading the 3rd name.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

10222E2E3A082B222F2A2522430 wrote: Meadows, Glasnow, and a 3rd player to be named.

man i don't know.  a bit too early to give up on Meadows, eh?

I don't think of giving up on Meadows. It's a Q of what is needed more and I'd say we need SP more.

If the Pirates want to be hopefully better in 2022-25, then keep Meadows. If the Pirates want to win now, they have to use their prospects to make the team better now.

It's time for the Pirates to be as concerned for today as they are the future that never seems to get here.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I guess.

Meadows is ready now though.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Getting Archer is huge. He'll improve the rotation and help the other pitchers get better. Meadows will be a star player but they have OF depth and Meadows can get you an Archer. TB is taking a flyer on Glasnow. He won't be missed. I hope the 3rd guy doesn't tilt the trade too heavily for Archer.

This deal will give the fans some faith in TBMTIB and should bring many back to the ballpark.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

5255434B4552151960474D41494C0E434F4D200 wrote: Meadows, Glasnow, and a 3rd player to be named.

man i don't know.  a bit too early to give up on Meadows, eh?

I don't think of giving up on Meadows.  It's a Q of what is needed more and I'd say we need SP more. 

If the Pirates want to be hopefully better in 2022-25, then keep Meadows. If the Pirates want to win now, they have to use their prospects to make the team better now.

It's time for the Pirates to be as concerned for today as they are the future that never seems to get here.

With Marte, Polanco and Dickerson the Bucs are set in the outfield next season. Looks like NH is looking at going for it this year rather than in 2020 or later. good for him.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I like Glasnow and think he still could become special. However, I like this trade because by the time he would become special, he would be at the point of leaving.