Pirates vs. Brewers - 8/6 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Nothing! Nada! listed anywhere on the web about the Bucs starting lineup for tonite.

Perhaps it is a mail it in night and they forfeit - 9-0 If they do list a lineup and anyone is interested to post it please do so.

If they would boycott tonight's game I wonder how that would make TBMTIB look to MLB? Nutting would go bananas I bet. Maybe even sell the team. That would be nice.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Maybe they've decided to save time and just forfeit.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Looks like they decided to play. Hurdle must have been confused posting a Sunday lineup on Tuesday. But what does he have to lose?

1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Elias Diaz (R) C

7. Pablo Reyes (R) RF

8. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

9. Steven Brault (L) P
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: Looks like they decided to play. Hurdle must have been confused posting a Sunday lineup on Tuesday. But what does he have to lose?

1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Jose Osuna (R) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Elias Diaz (R) C

7. Pablo Reyes (R) RF

8. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

9. Steven Brault (L) P

I can see playing Osuna every day to see what he has over the long haul. We know he can come off the bench and provide some timely pop. But can he keep it up playing every day? Now Reyes and Gonzalez? Garbage that better not be on this team in 2020. Oh Reyes might be okay as a super-utility but not Gonzalez. Not even to have NH save face on the deal with Cleveland.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: Hurdle must have been confused posting a Sunday lineup on Tuesday.

You laugh, but without the suspension this would be a Sunday game for him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5D6E727370784E7368746F687975721C0 wrote: Hurdle must have been confused posting a Sunday lineup on Tuesday.

You laugh, but without the suspension this would be a Sunday game for him.
That would explain it! :D
PMike

Post by PMike »

That was an epically pathetic loss. Just when you think they lose in some of the most spectacular ways, they offer this one up.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's laughable that Greg Brown said Vazquez has not had opportunities to pitch. Why not? He's pitched a grand total of 1 time since July 25. In that time the Pirates are 2-9 and the BP has been awful while Vazquez was called upon to help just once. Hard to believe Hurdle thinks saves are so important that he'd rather lose games without Vazquez than use him to get out of jams if it would mean no save. Why is Hurdle so obsessed with that stat? I guess if he ever becomes obsessed with the sac fly stat he'll keep his best hitter on the bench until there's a man at 3B and less than 2 outs. The losing run is suffered tonight when Crick (instead of Vazquez) walks yet another batter who scores when the Pirates-sadly lacking in fundamentals-screw up a rundown.

Also, I don't like using up 1 of the last 3 outs to bunt a fast runner from 2B to 3B with no outs. He's in scoring position at 2B with 3 chances to drive him in. And if the next batter doesn't get a hit, he might still advance the runner with a fly out or ground out. So Hurdle gets the runner to 3B with just 2 chances to bring him in and the run never scores.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I don’t understand that call at all.

Diaz was in the baseline but he never interfered with the runner and he moved out of his way when the runner ran by.

Of course; then the Pirates rally and just when you think they will tie the game up; they find a way to just fall short.

I’ll say one thing for this team. They never give up.

I have never seen so many come from behind victories or come from behind near victories.

On the other hand, I have never seen so many late inning losses. One of the worst bullpens I have ever witnessed
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

75505353466D50585A4D3F0 wrote: I don’t understand that call at all.

Diaz was in the baseline but he never interfered with the runner and he moved out of his way when the runner ran by.

Of course; then the Pirates rally and just when you think they will tie the game up; they find a way to just fall short.

I’ll say one thing for this team. They never give up.

I have never seen so many come from behind victories or come from behind near victories. 

On the other hand, I have never seen so many late inning losses. One of the worst bullpens I have ever witnessed

lots of opportunities for come from behind victories means you don't have a good team. Bullpen has been atrocious. Nobody but Vazquez is dependable. He'll probably blow his next save chance because he will be over rested.