6. Jose Osuna (R) RF

7. Jacob Stallings (R) C

8. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

9. Mitch Keller (R) P

Newman still on the shelf I guess.
mouse

Pirates vs. Marlins - 9/3 - Game Thread

Post by mouse »

And none of the new guys. I thought Tucker might get a game.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I agree. There is absolutely no point in playing Gonzalez over Tucker. And, I would lead up off and move Frazier down in the order. We aren't playing for anything right now.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Why did Keller leave the game?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1A1D312630530 wrote: Why did Keller leave the game?
Took a line drive off his pitching wrist. Initial diagnosis is a contusion. Let's hope there's no fracture.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Vazquez blows a save with 2 outs in the 9th with a HR to Miguel Rojas. Joe Block describes Rojas as "a light hitter." Rojas was hitting .284 at the time and had 11 HRs last year. Perhaps Block should spend more time studying the opposing players and less time maintaining a constant chatter for 3 hours every game of whatever pops into his head.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Announced attendance tonight was 9,169 which of course if you watched the game was nowhere close to how many people were actually at this game. Pretty embarrassing this team can barely get 9,000 people at a game in a 38,000 seat stadium. Just terrible coaching in this game especially what Cora did in the 9th inning sending Reyes home with 2 outs with Reynolds due up next and the bases loaded.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I realize it doesn't matter any more, but our No. 2-7 spots in the lineup tonight went 0-24.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6F48595D58457A4E595858453C0 wrote: Announced attendance tonight was 9,169 which of course if you watched the game was nowhere close to how many people were actually at this game. Pretty embarrassing this team can barely get 9,000 people at a game in a 38,000 seat stadium. Just terrible coaching in this game especially what Cora did in the 9th inning sending Reyes home with 2 outs with Reynolds due up next and the bases loaded.

This is what bad teams do , so no surprise.

I was watching the White Sox - Indians Monday night. Bottom of 8th , Sox trail by one. 2 outs , first and second Moncada at the plate. Anderson thrown out stealing 3rd to end the inning. Pirates looked just as ridiculous with Reyes getting thrown out by 15 feet.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

So much for the 'feel good' moment of an 8-2 run in the last 10 games.

Bucs played like they were still on Rocky Mountain time and had limited oxygen.

Cora's decision in the 9th was abysmal. Not even close at home. The only rationale I could think of is that he thought Bell (and his nonexistent arm) was playing first.

All closer's lose one now and then, but it would have been nice to see Vasquez close this one down with 2 outs in the 9th.

Then again, the dogs at the park likely enjoyed their night out with their owners.

Lastly, am I the only one who is annoyed by the Bucs showing taped clips of interviews with players while the game if being played. Moran really smacked a ball to CF early in the game that was caught, but the TV barely showed it and the announcers made little mention of such.