mouse

Marte Rumors

Post by mouse »

mlbtr is suggesting the Mets have reopened discussions re a Marte trade --

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... talks.html
fjk090852-7

Marte Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.
Lecom

Marte Rumors

Post by Lecom »

7E7273282128202D2A352F180 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

Not sure if or where he would fit, Hopefully they trade him for pitching but I suspect most pieces would-be prospects.
fjk090852-7

Marte Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4861676B69040 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

Not sure if or where he would fit, Hopefully they trade him for pitching but I suspect most pieces would-be prospects.

I think Smith can play some outfield, but I believe the Mets have a young catcher, and several pitching prospects which the Bucs would probably prefer over Smith.
shedman

Marte Rumors

Post by shedman »

446D6B6765080 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

---

My guess is Marte will be traded for some A ball prospects/suspects who will never see a major league uniform.
SyrBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SyrBucco »

5B404D4C454946280 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

---

My guess is Marte will be traded for some A ball prospects/suspects who will never see a major league uniform.
Not sure if you're serious. Francisco Alvarez is the catching prospect we want, and the Mets have three lefty starter prospects (David Peterson, Kevin Smith, Thomas Szapucki) so we should be able to get one of them as well. If we get two of the aforementioned prospects for Marte, I'll be cool with the deal.
shedman

Marte Rumors

Post by shedman »

"Not sure if you're serious. Francisco Alvarez is the catching prospect we want, and the Mets have three lefty starter prospects (David Peterson, Kevin Smith, Thomas Szapucki) so we should be able to get one of them as well. If we get two of the aforementioned prospects for Marte, I'll be cool with the deal."

---

I have seen so many rebuilds in Pittsburgh, that I no longer believe in the hype and spin about the future. The future never gets here in Pittsburgh. Thus, I will commend Cherington for each and every major league ballplayer he brings in(I have already commended him for Hechevarria) and I will critisize him for each every major league ball players he gets rid of. They don't need to blow it up it is already blown up. They need to rebuild with major league ballplayers.
GermanTownship

Marte Rumors

Post by GermanTownship »

Shedman, I 100% agree with you. To give Marte away for A ball players is a joke. Unless they receive major league ready, top prospect players, keep him. As I have said before, Atlanta would be my choice to deal with.
fjk090852-7

Marte Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6F454E7E495F5F533C0 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

---

Not sure if you're serious. Francisco Alvarez is the catching prospect we want, and the Mets have three lefty starter prospects (David Peterson, Kevin Smith, Thomas Szapucki) so we should be able to get one of them as well. If we get two of the aforementioned prospects for Marte, I'll be cool with the deal.

Just reading about the Mets prospects, and Ali Sanchez is a plus defender in comparison to Alvarez. He does not have the hitting ability as Alvarez, but he is much more advanced behind the plate. He is rated the Mets # 17 prospect. David Peterson appears to be a solid left handed pitcher. Possibly those two players, and a lower level player could make the trade happen.
shedman

Marte Rumors

Post by shedman »

I would be willing to trade Starling Marte to the Mets for Robert Gsellman.