Pennies should be worried . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

While reading the daily news I found this article from The Guardian which is a British News Organization. It does not paint a good picture for newspaper journalism.

Coronavirus Impact on US newspapers

Who knows, we may see Pennies being forced to sell the Pirates as well as his 2 ski resorts to stay rich.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

He'll keep the Pirates. It's what's keeping him rich.

The newspapers made him rich, but if anything, he'd sell those. BOB's no dummy. Cheap? Yes. Dumb? No.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

7144535358615353585F53360 wrote: He'll keep the Pirates.  It's what's keeping him rich. 

The newspapers made him rich, but if anything, he'd sell those.  BOB's no dummy.  Cheap?  Yes.  Dumb?  No.

Imagine if Pennies does sell the papers. He most likely will be able to write off the capital loss he will experience have more profit money because he will pay lower taxes that he can use for his play toy Pirates and ski resorts. A cheapskate he may be but he is not dummy!
Lecom

Post by Lecom »

Yep, you have to give him his due. He is a very good businessman. I doubt that he dumps his cash cow even though he could get many more times his initial investment. Shame really!
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

In a perfect world, I'd be BOB!

BUT....I was only born good lookin'. He got all the MONEY. :(((((
shedman

Post by shedman »

In a perfect world, I'd be BOB!

BUT....I was only born good lookin'. 

_____

There must be 2 Greenweenies and I met the other one.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

78595178535B3C0 wrote: While reading the daily news I found this article from The Guardian which is a British News Organization.  It does not paint a good picture for newspaper journalism.

Who knows, we may see Pennies being forced to sell the Pirates as well as his 2 ski resorts to stay rich.

One thing that gets me out of bed is the hope that today is the day Nutting sells the Pirates. If only I have enough mornings left.
NewMexicoLobo

Post by NewMexicoLobo »

1C4A5C48475D4D464B5C6E49434F4742004D2E0 wrote: While reading the daily news I found this article from The Guardian which is a British News Organization.  It does not paint a good picture for newspaper journalism.

One thing that gets me out of bed is the hope that today is the day Nutting sells the Pirates.  If only I have enough mornings left.
If they do this Arizona thing, Bob better hope for favorable TV revenue sharing. I don't think he and other small markets would agree to it without. Some wouldn't make it otherwise.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

243F32333A3639570 wrote: In a perfect world, I'd be BOB!

BUT....I was only born good lookin'. 

_____

There must be 2 Greenweenies and I met the other one.

:))
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

What leverage does he have?  25 clubs rule.  Five have little say.  If not for the 25, the five dont exist.

Dont forget- there's the internet revenue, too.

The money flows like Chivas, and BOB's there to take it.

Any money's better than no money at all.